• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help from the PO experts please!!

santieceballos

18/4/12
I bought this 45.5 PO back in 2005 from a webpage called yinmax... I paid 180 USD for it and they said it was sapphire and swiss ETA movement. I recently changed the bezel from one that I found on ebay for 22 USD and I Don't know if it is a true swiss ETA... Can you guys please take a look and see what kind of movement i have??

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Yes, it is ETA. In 2005, huh? And still running, unserviced?
Gooooddd.....

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Did the movement come with all the scratches on it or you add those later? :lol:

Hard to say for sure but I'm leaning towards clone. First, all those UPO models about that time were sold with alleged ETA movements and it was later shown and proven by our esteemed admin at the time, Daytona4me (D4M), that they were all clones. Second, the "+" mark on the regulator looks too far out towards the edge of the bridge like most clones. The more important piece of the puzzle is the number of notches around the shock protection system. If it's 3 notches it's more likely ETA. If only 1 it's for sure a clone. Can't really tell from the pictures.
Lastly, that $180 price is more the price of a clone and not a ETA, even back then.

Here's a picture of my UPO movement back at the time. Bought and paid for clone. You can easily see the single notch in the shock system.
DSCN2544.jpg

santieceballos

18/4/12
I scratched it.... That rotor that says 25 jewels swiss made came with it but I dropped it and it had to be changed... Where can I buy a sapphire cristal for this watch?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
yeah it is working!!!!!Man what type of ETA?

So you're all excited because one guy says it's ETA with absolutely nothing to back it up and one guy gives 3 reasons it's probably not and a picture to match.

Talk about selective reading comprehension!

Take a good picture of the shock system that can actually be seen and post it before you get all jacked up and overly happy. Even it it turns out to be ETA, it's probably an old, refurbished one that's not going to be any better than a fresh new ETA clone.