• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help for Total Newbie to the Replica watch scene

Spleen

Looking Around
28/7/09
All,

New to the scene, have done a bit of surfing around looking for replica's, really like the look of the Omega Apollo 40th Anniversary Speedmaster, that i see is being rep'd by Watch Eden.

I have seen a bit of info but don't fully understand the workings of the sub dials. Which of these should run on the genuine watch and which ones run on the replica watch for normal timekeeping, and which ones should work on the chrono function.

Also are these watches waterproof or just resistant ?

Any help much appreciated.

cheers

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Welcome to RWI.........

Just search for a post from meyes8888, he posted about that watch last week with lots of pictures.
Here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55988

99% of the reps are not waterproofed, but most watch smith can do it for you.

Renowned Member
30/3/09
Also head to FAKEYS CORNER you'll find it as you scroll down the Board Index.
The key to this game is plenty of reading first. Then find a dealer you're comfortable with. You'll also find the approved dealers on the front page.
There is no shortcut to this. Patience, reading and then asking questions to clarify things you're not sure on. Pretty soon you'll be an uncontorrlable addict.
cheers

smithy37

3/2/09
Just be wary though, some of the replica's have the dial miss-printed with 50th anniversary, not 40th!

I have seen some people go all anal because their case back doesn't have a microscopic serial number etched in, visible only with a loupe. So if you think you might fall into that category, don't buy the 50th anniversary model.

However, if you like the style of the watch and can live with a rather unique foible, go for it!

Nickyd

Known Member
23/5/09
Read,Read and read some more...Fakeys info is 100% Most newbies MYSELF included think we KNOW what we are getting ..fact is we know less than zip. Almost every ad on net is Bullshit, there are no as in none or zero exact reps, watches can take weeks to arrive and may arrive damaged EVEN from TRUSTED dealers..you may have to send back to China where most reps are coming from on your own dime; and then wait some more, there will be a language barrier and a delay in response to your emails and Pm's just because its night here and day there etc etc.

What can you do to avoid above, Buy from US Based Seller
(BEST BET IMHO), Buy from Members (my first choice), Buy from trusted dealers , who 1 of our members reviewd a watch you like and used dealer XXX to purchase.