• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help! Cant put back the cown on my PO!

eduardor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/10/11
Hi guys, i recieved today my Trevor 42mm PO, i opened the watch, remove the crown, sealed gaskets, and water tested it without the movement with no leaks at all. So as i assamble it back i insert the steam and crown but it wont stay in its place, every time i unscrew the crown it comes of when i pull it, i cant chanche the hour or date.

Any idea of what happened or how do i fix this?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Yeap, keyless it is... I hear its a pita to fix it. You should contact one of our mods.

eduardor

Banned
21/10/11
Damn! The watch is running perfectly but the stem wont stay in its place. So do i need anothe movement or should i take it to a watchsmith?

Yeap, keyless it is... I hear its a pita to fix it. You should contact one of our mods.

Question answered thanks!

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
No it doesnt need a movement it needs the keyless works reset...a mechanism that holds, controls the stems functions and auto winding ....the problem IS, you gotta take the whole movement apart to do that. If you are not comfortable and confident with that...an RWI modder/smith can reset it real easy....and dont DO that again.

eduardor

Banned
21/10/11
Its not the first time ive done this. Ive done it with all my watches but its the fisrt time this happens.
Ive also taken apart the whole movement so maybe i can dix it myself.
I ve already fixed my gmt master 1675, i bought it from trevor as well, weared it for a week and then it totally stoped working. After a month sitting in my draw i decided to took apart the movemet, i said wtf its already broken so lets see what happens. Took it apart and found out that there was a tiny loose screw inside. I was able to put it all back together and now its running like a champ. So i might try to fix this as well.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
When i grease the seals I just grease the crown seal by using a tiny screwdriver with grease on it. I skip the tube seal!

tracyl

22/4/11
Wait! The keyless may not be messed up yet. I had the same thing happen several times. To fix it just continue to slowly and delicately push and turn as you put it back in. Push and pull very slightly until the clutch engages. I've fixed keyless before, but don't need to everytime. Sometimes it is just difficult to get it back in.
T.

TheCold

15/8/09
+1 if you haven't fixed keyless before send it to a watch smith. Messed up my watch eventually trying to fix it myself :picard:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
In case anywho reads this in the future. You must push the stem release very gently when removing the stem. And always press it slightly when reinserting.

I have mine in the time set position when removing BTW.......

md2020

Banned
26/7/12
It is the keyless works but its not always true that you have to disassemble the watch try taking the movement out and if you can reach put some pressure on the side where the date wheel is sometimes this pops the little pin back in place.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

mch2112

Renowned Member
24/3/12
California
Interesting...are you putting pressure on the back side, or decasing the movement and pressing on the dial?

It is the keyless works but its not always true that you have to disassemble the watch try taking the movement out and if you can reach put some pressure on the side where the date wheel is sometimes this pops the little pin back in place.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

eduardor

Banned
21/10/11
Yes, ive tried both ways putting presure in the back and taking off the movement and still nothing