• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[HELP] Bvlgari OCTO Roma JL or BVF ?

Freedef

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/18

TheDean

2/3/21
DC
I'm also interested in this. Purchased a gen Octo Roma recently and I'd love to compare it.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Anyone knows which one is better ? I was out of Reptime for some time, came back looking for new watch and i have noticed that there is new Bvlgari watch maker ( BVF ). Anyone has an idea which ones are better ? JL has correct dimension 41mmx 10,5mm BVF has 41mm x 11mm.

I have the black dial and black dial two tone Octo versions on bracelet from BV factory. They are top quality reps. Excellent. I was waiting for a long time for them to come out and it did not disappoint. The one you show I believe is an Octo solotempo rather than a Roma. There is a Roma version I've seen though watching the video shows a solotempo so don't know and I can't remember the TD. TD dimensions are not very accurate and i wouldn't place much faith in them. I'm sure it is 41 mm though. My 38mm is 11.1 mm thick and I would think the 41 would be exactly the same. I don't have any experience with the JL factory but since I know the quality of BV that would get my vote. Also it costs more and generally you pay for what you get but with smaller factories that's not always the case. OMF omegas are expensive for less quality and accuracy than VSF reps. Anyway, I hope you get it and that's a great looking model. I think you will like either version you get.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=20132

Last edited:

Freedef

20/5/18
I have the black dial and black dial two tone Octo versions on bracelet from BV factory. They are top quality reps. Excellent. I was waiting for a long time for them to come out and it did not disappoint. The one you show I believe is an Octo solotempo rather than a Roma. There is a Roma version I've seen though watching the video shows a solotempo so don't know and I can't remember the TD. TD dimensions are not very accurate and i wouldn't place much faith in them. I'm sure it is 41 mm though. My 38mm is 11.1 mm thick and I would think the 41 would be exactly the same. I don't have any experience with the JL factory but since I know the quality of BV that would get my vote. Also it costs more and generally you pay for what you get but with smaller factories that's not always the case. OMF omegas are expensive for less quality and accuracy than VSF reps. Anyway, I hope you get it and that's a great looking model. I think you will like either version you get.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=20132

Hey there !! Thanks for your reply. Sorry its my fault it is indeed Octo Solotempo. I have made order with Jtime for this watch https://jtime.cc/us/octo-41mm-dlc-b...-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-9015.html .

Bought also extra rubber strap from Jtime for rather expensive 88$. Waiting for my QC photos atm… by any chance could you post your watch here ? :) i cant wait to get that watch, i have seen gen Bvlgari in Prague and i must say it is astonishing.

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Base on my research, the 41mm come with small OCTO on case back but the 38mm had correct case back, big OCTO engraving!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Base on my research, the 41mm come with small OCTO on case back but the 38mm had correct case back, big OCTO engraving!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
How do you guys like your Octo solotempo? I would be interested in your feedbacks shinynewbling25 Freedef

I like mine. Still have it. I'm pretty sure I looked at a bunch of case back pics of 41 and 38 just to check a long time ago. With all the pics at different angles and lightings I vaguely recall it was pretty difficult to tell and inconclusive for me at least. I wouldn't care all that much anyway especially with casebacks and movements you can't see. I'm very pleased with the finishing on the watch especially the case back. Anti reflective coating would take it to the next level but I'm not sure the gen has it either. Looked extensively at them on cruise ships but hard to tell in jewelry store lighting. I had the silver index version and then got the gold index and crown 38 mm version with an extra non two tone bracelet to alternate with. I have it on the two tone bracelet currently. I believe that version doesn't come in 38 but there isn't even a Bvlgari dealer in Ohio that I know of and it's a watch nobody is ever going to know let alone be an expert on. It looks bigger so could easily be a 41. I think it has just a bit more pop with the gold so gave the SS version away (but still have access to if I wanted :D).

I call it one of the "wearables" meaning the smaller watches I can wear like normal watch. If I were you I would just get it. It might not be that popular and never be made again. Plus someone here would take it off your hands for not too much a loss and max would be maybe 100.00. What luxury watches can you own and wear however you like for however long you like and experience fully losing only a hundred bucks maximum???? That's how I look at reps and the Octo is actually something different and a unique wearing experience that I enjoy and is well made rep with good finishing and awesome bracelet.

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Thanks for the suggestion! I actually have already ordered mine last month. I went for the 38mm black dial version. I didn't find much info on the rep but even the gen is not too popular and now discontinued so there wasn't a lot to look at. I love its look so pulled the trigger. The only thing I find not to be great from the QC pics is where the bracelet is attached to the case. It looks that the bracelet link and the lugs are not well aligned as in the gen. the rest does looks good though. The watch has been delivered to my home, however I am abroad for a while so actually haven't had the chance to see it and try it yet. I will post some pics towards the end of July when I'll be back