• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help: Asian Auto vs Asian Manual Wind

nsquared

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/07
Hello all,
I want to order an Omega Speedmaster "moon watch". There is one here from Watcheden that is Asian Auto.

http://www.watcheden.com/omega-spee...ic-with-black-dial-and-bezel-i-10214-p-1.html

I've also emailed Hont to get a price for the Asian Manual Wind- he emailed me back and it's a bit more expensive.

My question is this: I'm not interested in whether I'll have the watch 5 years from now, I just want a nice looking, quality watch that feels great. Do the factories use the same bodies and just put in different movements? In other words, if I order the Asian Auto will the body and bracelet of the watch be as nice as if I order the Asian Manual for more money?

If I pay more do I get a better 'looking' watch? Most of the reps I've purchased (a few PAMs and an Aqua Terra) were Asian Automatic and are all good watches.

If anyone has any tips on where to get a great price on a great looking Moon watch I'm all ears. Thanks!

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
For a Speedy I would go with the handwind. Just remember it won't hack.

nsquared

17/4/07
guanaco said:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38221&hilit=ruby+speedmaster

I say manual, read the review, you'll see why. :)

Oh, yes, speaking of Ruby, I've emailed her, a few times, and have not heard back. That is actually the one that I would want. That's what led me to email Hont. Is it normal to have to wait to hear from Ruby?

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
nsquared said:
guanaco said:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38221&hilit=ruby+speedmaster

I say manual, read the review, you'll see why. :)

Oh, yes, speaking of Ruby, I've emailed her, a few times, and have not heard back. That is actually the one that I would want. That's what led me to email Hont. Is it normal to have to wait to hear from Ruby?

Stick with Hont right now. :)

nsquared

17/4/07
Thanks for the advice. I think I will order from him. Will let everyone know how it goes!

UPDATE: Well, I heard from Ruby right after I posted this. She was very accommodating and sincere, and I REALLY wanted to get it from her after I read the review above. So... I order from her this morning. This is my first order from her and she told me she would send pics of the watch before she shipped it. I can't wait to get it!

Hont had this watch, but it is the one with many incorrect details.

nsquared

17/4/07
April 13: after about 5 days of waiting, she sent photos of the watch that she is shipping out. It looks really nice! Fingers crossed!

nsquared

17/4/07
April 23: Got the watch! Wow... it's really nice. It has a great feel, weight and looks amazing. The bracelet is top-notch! Ruby guided me through every step of the way. We got off to a slow start (she took a few days to get to my emails) but once we started a dialogue it went quickly and she answered all my questions and concerns.

This weekend, when I'm able to get to my camera, I will start a new post with pictures. :D

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
nsquared said:
April 23: Got the watch! Wow... it's really nice. It has a great feel, weight and looks amazing. The bracelet is top-notch! Ruby guided me through every step of the way. We got off to a slow start (she took a few days to get to my emails) but once we started a dialogue it went quickly and she answered all my questions and concerns.

This weekend, when I'm able to get to my camera, I will start a new post with pictures. :D

Sweet, congrats! And thanks for letting us know how the process was. :)

Looking forward to those pics!

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
it's good that Ruby is starting to come around. there is a watch i really like off here website but haven't pulled the trigger with her because of some issues with her communication of late