• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP: Anyone seen this Quantum of Solace PO before?

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Hey guys,

This was one of my pre-RWI buys. Got this off a street vendor locally. Am sure I was overcharged for it :facepalm:, as I didn't have RWI back then.

Have gone through a number of our Trusted Dealer's sites, but I can't seem to find this model, which appears to be a PVD-ed PO, with "Quantum of Solace" etched on the crystal and a textured dial, with a "007" stamped caseback. Best I could find was a PVD, QoS 007 PO Chrono.

So, if anyone has ever seen this version (and I think there are several 007 PO versions..... but they are all not PVD) please let me know - better yet, can anyone tell me what the list price is? Intending to sell this and scrape up whatever funds I can for next purchase. Thanks, and on with the pics:

Pic 1 - don't know if datewheel font can give a clue as to the movement, any ideas?
QoS01.jpg

Pic 2 - better view of the dial texture and "QoS" etching on crystal
QoS02.jpg

Pic - I've seen several 007 PO clasps, but none of them seem to have this configuration with the 007 at one end on it's own
QoS03.jpg

QoS04.jpg

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Looks like the onE you have is way nicer than the watcheden one. If you like POs (he he;)) keep this one. It looks pretty good to me

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Thanks, guys. Yea, I guess the Watcheden one is pretty close, 'cept for the 007 hand and datewheel, and it's quartz, according to the listing. Mine is definitely mechanical - wonder if it's been put together from left over parts from various other reps - hence, can't find an exact likeness.

@frigpig - thanks. Actually waiting for Vac to build me a franken pumpkin - so this is gonna go. Bought this on a whim cuz it looked cool in black (might have been a bit drunk at that time, as well.....)

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
What size is it?

I like the PVD. If you weren't getting a franken, I'd trade you my orange 007 for it. ;)

watsondog

25/1/11
United Kingdom
I part chopped the steel version of this recently. Lovely watch just too big for my wrist, being the oversize version. Kept excellent time. Its a bit difficult to tell with this one, is the QOS logo etched on the underside of the glass, or transfer ? Some where transfered on, but the etched one only catches the light at certain times and remains pretty invisible. I tried to find it on the net before I came here, but its rare. Not sure of its worth here, as I say I part chopped mine for a nice PVD Rolex Bamford (but which isnt really me by the way if someone wants it -swop SS sub, RG Speedy or what have you ?).
The dial texture is meant to replicate the Walther PPK grip pattern

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
@ Anopsis - This is 45.5mm. Heh, if I do decide to get rid of it, you want me to put you at the top of the list?

@ watsondog - can't tell if the QoS is transferred or etched. Looking at it at certain angles, it does appear that the words are on the exterior surface of the crystal. Guess it is probably transferred, then - forgive the noob question, but, what does "transferred" mean? Decal/ stick-on?

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Not my cup of tea, particularly the crystal transfer, but honestly... that doesn't look like a bad rep to me.

Let me clarify, it is obviously a bad rep in the sense that it looks nothing like any gen version but as far as reps go it seems to be of decent quality for a no-RWI street piece. I think you got lucky dude.

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Yea, fantasy model - to be honest, I didn't even know anything about the 007 editions at that point in time, it just looked cool in pvd.

Not my cup of tea, particularly the crystal transfer, but honestly... that doesn't look like a bad rep to me.

Let me clarify, it is obviously a bad rep in the sense that it looks nothing like any gen version but as far as reps go it seems to be of decent quality for a no-RWI street piece. I think you got lucky dude.

watsondog

25/1/11
United Kingdom
@ chisin - forgive the noob question, but, what does "transferred" mean? Decal/ stick-on? Yes, it what we in the UK sometimes call a 'decal'.
IMO, if its transferred on to the outside I'd patiently remove it before its starts to remove itself (which will invairably be in pieces)

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
@ Anopsis - This is 45.5mm. Heh, if I do decide to get rid of it, you want me to put you at the top of the list?

That would be excellent. Mine is 45.5mm, so I'm happy with the size. The bracelet has curved links (not flat), correct? If I'm understanding you correctly yours is the same as this but PVD.

http:/www.photobucket.com/anopsis_omega

Yes, keep me in mind. :anopsis:

Thanks!

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
Hey Anopsis - link doesn't work for me. Don't have the watch with me now, but I'll check on the bracelet - I assume you mean the end-links are curved?

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I must have typed the URL incorrectly. Just click the link in my sig for the PO.