• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help! 45.5 UPO bezel insert popped out!

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Hi, the insert just popped out. I can see that there are glue marks on the back. Do I just glue it back with like crazy glue? If so, I have a black insert, how do I make changes in the future if I want to change the look?

Your help is much appreciated.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I recommend using this to reattach your insert. http://www.stachurawholesalegemstones.com/view/186/914/
4a9631af701ee2ae9ff0c20f5b29c930.jpg

If you want to change it later you need to get bezel remover. http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=182
DSC01467.JPG

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
lol, Q, that contraption I say I say is like using a monkey wrench on a pencil sharpener. ;)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
:rofl: Okay silly head! What do you use every time you have modded/fixed one of my watches then? A can opener?

wolfwood

4/2/11
Cool! That contraption sure looks scary! I better make sure if I want to put the orange or black before I do the glue. Btw, what so special about that glue? Are there any alternatives which I can get from my local hardware or hobby stores?

Thanks Q.

tracyl

22/4/11

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Quick question for the resident Omega experts on here like Q5?

Is it possible to replace the bezel of the Omega POrikka with an aftermarket bezel that would normally fit the gen? The pearl is missing from my POrikka and I was wondering what to do.

I would assume that the POrikka version may not be the correct size to take an aftermarket bezel, but I have no idea.

Inushuk

19/10/10
I 'm not sure about th bezel as it is a PIA to do it .. But you can fix that with a aftermaket insert with a good pearl.

you can buy one on the Bay : seller : wholesaleoutlet990 Price is approx 22 Euros
BUT ask for a good insert : ask for a "centered" pearl as the images you will find on his boutique shows wrong insert ...

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
I 'm not sure about th bezel as it is a PIA to do it .. But you can fix that with a aftermaket insert with a good pearl.

you can buy one on the Bay : seller : wholesaleoutlet990 Price is approx 22 Euros
BUT ask for a good insert : ask for a "centered" pearl as the images you will find on his boutique shows wrong insert ...

Thanks for this Inushuk,

By any chance do you know if the pearls on these bezel come out? I'm thinking I could remove just the pearl and somehow glue it on to my current one. Temporary fix until my UPO Franken project (inspired by you) gets underway. :)

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Quick question for the resident Omega experts on here like Q5?

Is it possible to replace the bezel of the Omega POrikka with an aftermarket bezel that would normally fit the gen? The pearl is missing from my POrikka and I was wondering what to do.

I would assume that the POrikka version may not be the correct size to take an aftermarket bezel, but I have no idea.
What exactly is a "POrikka". Is Reg offering some sort of high quality, highly accurate looking PO's ?

Inushuk

19/10/10
By any chance do you know if the pearls on these bezel come out? I'm thinking I could remove just the pearl and somehow glue it on to my current one. Temporary fix until my UPO Franken project (inspired by you) gets underway. :)

Sorry Cee I don't remember ... :) if the pearl comes out ?...
As soon as your Franken is finish .. do not forget to post Picts .. :)