• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello to everyone!

monkeymunzey

Getting To Know The Place
4/4/06
found this site through Craigslist when I was browsing for a replica...I have learned a TON already just from browsing all of the posts! Looking to pick up my first relica also:) thanks for creating such a great site. If any dealers read this, I am looking for a Black Sub with swiss movement :wink:

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
Glad you are here!.....If theres anything you need feel free to send me a PM....dont be afraid to PM/Email the dealers....they will respond!....

Try josh....I 100% know he will look out for you!

Welcome to RWI.......

Tim

monkeymunzey

4/4/06
thank you for the greeting! i lived in richmond for 7 years by the way:)

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
Great ! So glad to hear that our little ad pulled in some new people, you likely saved a ton of money and will get a better watch by finding this forum.

All of the dealers on this forum are very good, Josh was mentioned, a sure winner there, Trusty Watch Guy is very good as well and you really can't go wrong with any of our reccomended dealers, just browse the dealer section and remember if you don't see a watch you want listed, they probably have it, just send them a pm or an email and tell them what you want.

Great to meet you, see ya around.

DrmMaster

Banned
2/1/06
Ohh yeah?.....Im actually in Colonial Heights.......But yeah 7 years in richmond is more than enough!....LOL

Tink131

16/3/06
[smilie=hello.gif]
Hi there Monkey,
We have a goat around here somewhere! Anyway, welcome to RWI- it's great to have you- glad you found us. :D

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
Life is Good!

Welcome aboard, Monkey!

You have come to your own, and to a life of ease!....
well, something like that : )

Be Safe, Have Fun, and remember, reps are like potato chips...

Klink

DrmMaster

Banned
2/1/06
daum man you eat your reps?.....more than 1 even! :shock: :shock:

LOL jus jokin

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Welcome to the dark side monkey. Being new to the forum myself....I can say I have felt like there are some very nice people here and they will steer you in the right direction. Lots of good information for FREE!!

geopatr69

Renowned Member
28/3/06
:D :D Welcome Monkey to the Zoo we call the Dark Side :lol: I am new here as well, but found this place to be full of friendly Rep Lovers from all over the world. So pull up a chair, get a cool drink and join the fun!! :lol: :lol:

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
OK........everything's going to be all right.........

THE GOAT'S IN 'DA HOUSE!!

Welcome, there Monkey. Just don't get no crazy ideas about who runs the barnyard around here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, we got a great bunch of people and dealers here. Pugwash is right, the black sub is the most common/easily sourced rep out there. As you'll find, there IS no answer to "who has the best sub?. That question is a running joke amongst the rep boards and is about as easy to answer as "what is the meaning of life?" There are so many variables that seem to change almost daily. One day the CG's will look great, but the dial is wrong. Next day, the dial has been corrected but the case now has lug holes. Then they fix the lugholes and stick maxi-hands on it..........welcome to the world of reps!

Best bet (especially for new collectors) is to contact one of our dealers and simply ASK them which one they have is the closest to gen. A lot of dealers (Josh - jos_nana comes to mind) will be glad to answer your questions, as most of our dealers will.

Just remember, stay AWAY.......FAR AWAY from the likes of Idealwatches, GoReplicas, and other slick-looking rep sites. If you see claims such as "100% swiss-made", "27-jewel movement", "only a jeweler can tell the difference", or they want $500.00 or more for a sub, RUN!!!!!

If you get confused, just ask us.

monkeymunzey

4/4/06
thanks for the greetings :D I have already contacted Josh and am preparing to buy a Sub from him with the 2836-2 movement..SO PSYCHED! I will be sure to post some hi-res pictures once I get it. hope to follow that purchase with a Breitling Navitimer, but promised myself one at a time :cry: