• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from the US

monopolymoney

Getting To Know The Place
26/10/22
Super new user - was referred by r/reptime.
I've always been in awe of rolexes and those who can flaunt them (and afford them). Only recently did I begin considering one and was shocked by the pricing. I'd feel uncomfortable having something so expensive on my wrist and would always be worried about scratching it or damaging it somehow. Fortunately, I discovered this community and hope to soon be an owner of a rep. I've been in contact with a dealer and hope things go well! Wish me luck!

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome!
Make sure you use RWI'S trusted dealers from the relevant section, and only following the links on rwi, never Google any td.
You need any help, just ask!
Enjoy and good luck with your purchase!

Reactions: monopolymoney

monopolymoney

26/10/22
Hi and welcome!
Make sure you use RWI'S trusted dealers from the relevant section, and only following the links on rwi, never Google any td.
You need any help, just ask!
Enjoy and good luck with your purchase!
Thank you. I have been in touch with Sead - who was on the list of TDs. Do I understand correctly that I should start a new thread under seads td reviews when I purchase and keep updating the status through my process in order to get support from rwi (if needed)? Many thanks for your time.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Thank you. I have been in touch with Sead - who was on the list of TDs. Do I understand correctly that I should start a new thread under seads td reviews when I purchase and keep updating the status through my process in order to get support from rwi (if needed)? Many thanks for your time.
Please don't. We come here to read about watches and share pictures. No one needs a play by play of what you buy. Review sections are for you to give feedback on your buying experience.

• Haha
Reactions: P..DR..D

monopolymoney

26/10/22
Please don't. We come here to read about watches and share pictures. No one needs a play by play of what you buy. Review sections are for you to give feedback on your buying experience.
I read that one can only get help desk support if they buy it and post on rwi before there is a possible issue. Surely I am missing something.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
As long as you're a member and you have proof of transaction and "records" of whatever might go wrong, you are entitled to getting support here. But it's not required to do a diary, some do, but, what for?
Don't not cross the bridges before you get to it, though, there is no reason to be paranoid. I suggest you read a bit of the stickies on how to behave in case of when help is required and when it is offered, if that bothers you. This is a community to get together and share knowledge, not a service desk for one's personal mishaps. Opening a ticket is an extrema ratio that should come only after all other reasonable endeavors fail. You don't bother mods/admins because a TD is not responding to a query after 24 hours. Trusted dealers have a standing and a reputation, one should be extremely careful of shedding doubt on that.

Reactions: monopolymoney

monopolymoney

26/10/22
I read that one can only get help desk support if they buy it and post on rwi before there is a possible issue. Surely I am missing something.

monopolymoney

26/10/22
Reread it and I did misunderstand (face-palm). This is from a sticky on r/reptime.

". What if your watch is broken upon arrival? You MUST make a log in on the forums where the dealer is a trusted dealer, and post enough there in order to log a ticket to file a dispute. They will not help you if you create an account after your issue arises with a TD. It is their rules."

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Think of the hundreds of transactions that take place daily between TDs and members, If everyone posted a play by play we would have nothing but fecal matter to read every day.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
There you go. It's about the timing of your membership. If you ordered before being a member, you're on your own.

One thing some do is filming the unpacking of the parcel, in case the watch is in different condition than advertised. Won't do much if it's DOA, though, those parcels are subject to a long trip, anything can happen during transit... but it may help. Never faced the problem.

monopolymoney

26/10/22
There you go. It's about the timing of your membership. If you ordered before being a member, you're on your own.

One thing some do is filming the unpacking of the parcel, in case the watch is in different condition than advertised. Won't do much if it's DOA, though, those parcels are subject to a long trip, anything can happen during transit... but it may help. Never faced the problem.
Got it, thank you friend.

monopolymoney

26/10/22
As long as you're a member and you have proof of transaction and "records" of whatever might go wrong, you are entitled to getting support here. But it's not required to do a diary, some do, but, what for?
Don't not cross the bridges before you get to it, though, there is no reason to be paranoid. I suggest you read a bit of the stickies on how to behave in case of when help is required and when it is offered, if that bothers you. This is a community to get together and share knowledge, not a service desk for one's personal mishaps. Opening a ticket is an extrema ratio that should come only after all other reasonable endeavors fail. You don't bother mods/admins because a TD is not responding to a query after 24 hours. Trusted dealers have a standing and a reputation, one should be extremely careful of shedding doubt on that.
Crystal clear. Appreciate the write up.