• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from the (rather cold) UK

markdevon35

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/09
Hi all

Cant belive that I've only just found this site - just what I've been lookingfor! I have been contemplating buying a Rep for some time. I have a Gen Rolex Submariner (non date), Breitling Colt (Quartz), Brietling FAA ltd edition. My wife has told me I'm not allowed to spend anymore money on watches so it seems that reps are my only choice now:realmad:

I have scoured the net for ages and it seems to me that almost every site I have come across is a scam of some desciption! I have however been told about PTSwiss so I checked out his site and registered today. Got to admit I think the Bell & Ross BR01 04 black with red face has taken my fancy. Sent him an email today which I guess is the way to proceed? I also notice that he posts on here too which I guess is a good start. Cant wait for contact with him.

Out of interest who do you think makes the best quality reps for the Bell & Ross models esp the BR01 04 and Panerai Arktus.

I also noticed that several review sites inform us that there is no such thing as a rep having a swiss movement but it appears to me that many sites offer reps with ETAs etc. Is this the case?

Thanks guys - look forward to talking later

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Hey, Mark! Welcome to the forum. Some sites are selling real Swiss ETAs, but I believe the consensus is to just go with the Asia ETA since you won't be able to verify the authenticity of the movement until after you've made the purchase. Most agree the ETA clones are good movements and that it's not worth spending the money to upgrade to "Swiss", since you probably won't get real Swiss anyway.

markdevon35

30/12/09
Thanks Avenger, i'm soo excited reading this forum - i was put off looking at all the scam sites on the internet. I started to think I would'nt be able to find a trusted dealer - and then I found the dealer section of this great forum!!!! Fantastic to hear that there are many trusted dealers able to supply great quality reps - Cant wait for PTSwiss to contact me - I'm drooling thinking about that Bell&Ross.... what do you guys think of thoses watches with regard to quality? I also noticed that some of the dealers on here are able to waterproof their watches or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Cheers

Mark

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Thanks Avenger, i'm soo excited reading this forum - i was put off looking at all the scam sites on the internet. I started to think I would'nt be able to find a trusted dealer - and then I found the dealer section of this great forum!!!! Fantastic to hear that there are many trusted dealers able to supply great quality reps - Cant wait for PTSwiss to contact me - I'm drooling thinking about that Bell&Ross.... what do you guys think of thoses watches with regard to quality? I also noticed that some of the dealers on here are able to waterproof their watches or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Cheers

Mark

Mark, I'll just ask you a question about waterproofing: How would you know they did it until it's too late? Unless you are ordering from a builder (Fake Master or DSN) or a dealer that can offer verified pressure checks (D4M), save your money and skip it. Be sure to post some pics once you take the plunge on a B&R!

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
Hi Mark, and welcome!

I too was like you; wandering around the scary internet, blindly walking into the dark alleys of scam sites, and just certain I was going to get either robbed, or arrested. This place really taught me a lot, and eased the fear a little.

With regards the B&R, these watches were what actually brought me here, and I quickly learned that the reps of the BR01, particularly the cheaper, sub £100 models, and the chronos, were quite poorly replicated. Tidy, attractive watches in their own right, but quite far off the gen and lacking that high quality finish that I was after. And as Avenger said, unless someone has built the thing for you, or you had it verifiably pressure tested, don't accept that it will be waterproof. Chances are you could be lucky; equally as not.

Good luck with the new purchase, and let us all know (with pics) when it arrives.

Oh, and if your wife thinks you're going to spend less on watches now, you are both so wrong! This hobby eats people!

Welcome to the club.
:)

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
The staff of RWI welcomes you and pleae make sure that you enjoy your stay here...

markdevon35

30/12/09
Thanks guys - been reading about builders so it all makes a bit more sence now. With reference to the waterproofing - you are both spot on. I dont really know why I would chance it as my Gen Breitling is what I use when windsurfing and thats good for 300m. I even used this watch when I was a Royal Navy diver!

I guess im really after a rugged version but not sure if they really exsist and im using the waterproofing as a bench mark for quality.

The moment PTswiss contacts me and gives me a price then i will push the button! Pics will follow.

Cheers guys

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Thanks guys - been reading about builders so it all makes a bit more sence now. With reference to the waterproofing - you are both spot on. I dont really know why I would chance it as my Gen Breitling is what I use when windsurfing and thats good for 300m. I even used this watch when I was a Royal Navy diver!

I guess im really after a rugged version but not sure if they really exsist and im using the waterproofing as a bench mark for quality.

The moment PTswiss contacts me and gives me a price then i will push the button! Pics will follow.

Cheers guys

Mark, check out Fake Master if you want an inexpensive rep that's hand assembled and waterproofed. He has a limited number of models that he builds, but the quality for the price is top notch. I own four pieces and would highly recommend him if you're in the market for a Sub, GMT, SMP, PO, or SOSF. BTW, his PVD stuff is awesome! Here's some pics of mine:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...ut-w-pics-46041?t=46041&highlight=triple+fake

markdevon35

30/12/09
Blimey - Fake Master seems a very nice guy! Brilliant threads by him too. The more I read the more I learn (and my wife keeps looking at me with suspision).

I seem to be doing something wrong - when im utilising the search function it seems to offer links which when I click on it takes me to what looks to be an older version of the forum which then procedes to ask me to reset my password. Does anybody else encounter this or do i need to take some more computer lessons (still cant find the any key)?