• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello all!

hobowithmachete

Horology Curious
16/8/22
Hi everyone,

I'm a noob here, but have been following /r/RepTime on Reddit since the beginning of June. American guy here based in France.

Since then, I have acquired the following:

-VSF DJ41
  • Blue dial, fluted bezel, Jubilee bracelet
  • Ordered Eric at GeekTime (I know he's not a listed TD here, but the transaction was smooth)
- 2 BTF Daytona V2's (one for me, one for my father)
  • Black dial, black bezel
  • Ordered from @lykanjt (very smooth and easy transaction, gave me a deal since I was buying 2)
  • Had them shipped to @oascom for inspection and water testing (he has such cool equipment!!)
  • My dad got his, it was a gift. He's coming to Paris in about a month, so I'll have to wait another couple of weeks before I finally get it!
Looking forward to getting deeper involved in the Rep community.

My biggest issues these days are where to get my watch serviced. Before I took reception of my VSF, I was looking for a place here in Paris for a horloger to go through it/water test it/etc.

Unfortunately, professional watchmakers here are VERY cautious about knowingly working on rep. They are subject to be fined up to 5,000eur if they are caught working on a rep, even if they are unaware. This has been explained to me by several independent horlogers in Paris. They will not touch the watch except to size the bracelet. I'm still looking for someone who can just do a regular servicing, but it seems there are no hobbyists/modders local to me (or in France for that matter).

Well, nice to meet you all. I think I'll be active in the spare parts and M2M sales area in the near future.

Reactions: Nono92

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome aboard & congrats on your collection so far, don't be shy about sharing pictures if you get a chance ;)

If you're happy shipping within the EU, there are a few watchsmiths within the EU that work on Reps. Intra EU shipping seems to fly under the customs radar.

Below is the complete listing of trusted watchmakers:

Best of luck and enjoy exploring the forum

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
See Above Yes GIF by Dash Home Loans

A lot of awesome watchsmiths in EU, my 2 cents is be very patient because most of them are a one man show and probably have a heavy workload…..