• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

He-Valve glued on?

Lovecraft

Horology Curious
17/2/12
So, I want to replace the He-valve. It's not drilled through - there is no screw or anything else on the other side. It's just smooth surface. It would seem it's glued on (or stuck on the case by some other means). I can't move it in any direction. Granted, it's water proofed for sure, but I'd still like to stick my gen on there. I was planning on being able to "use" it (ie being able to screw it) but I'm thinking I'll just chop the gen valve in half and epoxy it. :( I probably have to drill the old one away, without hurting the case.

Has anyone who did a He-valve swap seen this before? I'd like to get some input before I start drilling away on the He-valve. Maybe there's a much easier way?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I would use heat to loosen the epoxy and pull it off. (removing everything else first of course)

Lovecraft

Horology Curious
17/2/12
It was a drilled hole (but not through the case) and the rep valve was just pressed into it. Was rather easy to pull loose. Decided to keep the case unbroken and epoxied the gen valve into the hole. Can't screw/move it, but I guess it's okay...

Rather expensive part, but it really is a lot thinner than the rep.