• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HE Valve for Ultimate PO not functional?

red

Known Member
1/1/07
I was just wondering is any memeber can address whether the HE vavle for the Ultimate PO is functional. Thanks in advance.

JoJo35

Known Member
10/3/07
Does it really matter??? Do you plan on doing any tri-mix diving with it?

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
red said:
I was just wondering is any memeber can address whether the HE vavle for the Ultimate PO is functional. Thanks in advance.

:shock:

When would your REP ever need to release helium? Just wondering.

RB

tenacious_b

18/3/06
come on somebody's got to have a straigh answer on this; hell by functional the guy probably just means will it keep water out of the case when it's screwed down. I think it's a fairly solid assumption that any among us doing tri-mix diving would not be using a rep dive watch.

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
I think the one I sent to another member of this forum had a gasket, but was held in place by a screw. It could be loosened but the screw kept it from falling off. So it would most likely let out any Helium, had helium got into the watch. But it should probably just be screwed in tight with a little silicone on the gasket.

Or epoxied like a poster in the the link suggests.

RB

red

Known Member
1/1/07
I'm sorry I was not more specific. What I mean by functional was whether it screwed on or off, not whether it actually releases helium. But, thanks to all that have replied.

CRK

9/10/06
my 4th gen po valve can screw open and closed. is that what you are asking?

spotsbimmer

Horology Curious
5/12/06
On my PO 45mm ETA from Andrew, the HE valve unscrews. It consists of crown tube, crown, crown stem, tension spring, & stem gasket. mine was missing the crown gasket which fits up inside the crown. I believe the crown gasket is the most important one for keeping moisture out. Can someone confirm this? BTW adding the crown gasket wasn't too hard. BTW don't play with it too much as it will unscrew from the stem and fall off! At least mine did.