• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB with engraved back-available!

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
This is what I read over at RWG in the HBB thread. It seems the new batch of HBB ceramic with black dials from Angus have the letters engraved and not glued on the back (info based on a member there). Is it true? Anyone received one like that recently or know something? That would make want want for sure.

Also, it seems a ceramic and rose gold combo is being made :D .

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
I think his thread is in response to a comment I made...
You misunderstood what I was saying.

As far as I can tell, the letters HUBLOT GENEVE and the H logo are still black stickers.
The difference and what is added and engraved are the materials on the metal back part near the lugs.

Ceramic and Titanium
not sure if the words are accurate, but there are materials engraved on the Gens in this location, so this is a good thing that they added this. Angus's most recent pictures do nt show this.

I hope to post pictures of the back soon for all to see, but been having troubles with my camera.
Model is new black date wheel ceramic HBB.

Cheers,
M

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
It was very interesting to listen to his answers : why he uses the V7750 (mainly because it's the most reliable automatic chronograph in his point of view), how to maintain the second hand prices and the rarety of the models (2 persons work for Hublot to look for the Hublot watches in the grey market), why he uses new materials etc

better watch out guys..hublot hiring people to look for fake hublot LOL

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Here are a couple of shots of my new HBB Ceramic with black datewheel.
Almost impossible to tell with this photo, but the materials are engraved on the back.

Front shot shows size comparison with new Ultimate BCE ; also shows black date wheel.
Dial is Carbon Fiber, but you really cannot tell from this shot.

Cheers,
M

zetterdawg

Renowned Member
12/5/06
mreynolds767 said:
Here are a couple of shots of my new HBB Ceramic with black datewheel.
Almost impossible to tell with this photo, but the materials are engraved on the back.

Front shot shows size comparison with new Ultimate BCE ; also shows black date wheel.
Dial is Carbon Fiber, but you really cannot tell from this shot.

Cheers,
M

Sorry - are you saying the words on the rotor (HUBLOT GENEVE) are engraved on your watch?

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
i believe what he is saying is that the rotor still has a sticker but now the lettering around the case back (around the display crystal) are engraved versus etched...

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
No, just the newly added materials.
These are hard to see, look near the lugs on the metal.
Word at top and bottom. If my picture was better this would be easier to tell.

This is new and that's all I know to be different from previous versions.

Cheers,
M

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
yes..this is one of the facial improvement Im looking for on this new edition ..damn nice the ceramic..congrats..but no money :(

audemarsfan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/06
Any idea if a 7753 version will ever be available? That spacing for the date wheel just is a downer for me. Everything else on the watch is killer.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
audemarsfan said:
Any idea if a 7753 version will ever be available? That spacing for the date wheel just is a downer for me. Everything else on the watch is killer.

No 7753, gen even uses 7750 and has recessed date.

watchlover

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/06
audemarsfan said:

Even the GEN has this spacing on the date.... if you put a 7753, how would you change the date? put a button on the 10 o'clock side of the case?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
supermanx is correct. The genuine used ETA7750 with transfer gears. However, they have "upgraded" recent HBB with Valgranges based movement.