• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB black date wheel

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
I noticed that the new generation HBBs have a black date wheel instead of the white. I know that people have said that no one will call you on a white one, but I still prefer the black.

Anyone knows where a replacement is possible?

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
The Gens all have white date wheels with black numbers.

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
Only the all black models have black date wheels. At least that is what they show on their website.

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
JoeyZ the website is not accuarate.
All new HBB's now come with black datewheels (at least the standard versions)
I don't know about the limited editions.

Timezone has this info in their Hublot forum, where Hublot employees moderate and frequent.

However, since Hublot is so in demand, there are many images posted by owners that just received their watch and the datewheel is white. They have presold their capacity by about a year. If your local AD is fortunate enough to have one in stock, it will likely have a white datewheel.

I prefer the black and Hublot obviously has decided it looks better this way, I think the recess is less noticable.

The other thing to consider:
all reps have the red chrono timer ending before the top of the H, any gen with a black datewheel have the red extended down another 1 MM or so, however the first batch of HBB's had the red just like our reps.
Those first batches also all had a white datewheel.
So under close inspection by someone knowledgeable the white datewheel would in theory be tougher to spot as a rep.

Angus is the only dealer I have seen offering the black datewheel and I own one of his.

Cheers,
M

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
Thanks for clearing that up before I purchase one.

watchlover

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/06
thehorse said:
So in keeping it most real, it should be a white background then

Okay.. just in case you missed it, here's mreysnolds767's post in PPT-points :lol: :

1. Old--discontinued--GEN HBB models come with WHITE DWs
2. New--in production--GEN HBB models start to come with BLACK DWs