• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Have you lubed your stem?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
The stem bears high mechanical loads and takes a beating becoming dried out. I just put a little of this PML grease on my Sub stem and I can't believe how much smoother it is working...a little lubricant will make a noticable difference. Try it and see. :D

IMG_1462Medium.jpg

IMG_1464Medium.jpg

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
everynite cybee...

and in the mornings and twice during lunch.

my poor rollie.

XANADU!

brtelec

Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Wow, this topic turned out to be something totally different than I thought. Never mind. :D

horologie_unitas

3/12/06
me to...i thought this was a reminder of your wife....hehehe.

wer gut schmiert - der gut faehrt ! ( old german saying !! )

( who lubes very well, will drive very well ! )

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
brtelec said:
Wow, this topic turned out to be something totally different than I thought. Never mind. :D

me to brother, although this sounds like a good idea i though it was going to be something i consider a better idea!!!! :lol:

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
"Sweetheart.....Would you mind lubing my stem?" :shock:

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
just be careful not to goop up your keyless works with lube
lol
watch oil is thin... silicone greese is not

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
A little more detailed stem pic on which areas to lube.

Parts to lube:

1. the shoulder (that rides in the main plate and supports the outer end of the stem.)

2. the set lever notch (which carries the set lever pin and switches the keyless works as the stem is pulled in and out)

3. the clutch square ( which slides back and forth inside the clutch and drives the clutch)

4. the pivot ( which rides in a hole in the mainplate and supports the inner end of the stem)

ETA2801Reassemble-Lubrication018Sma.jpg

Note: that light film of grease should be placed on each of the four flats of the clutch square.

*any innuendo regarding the title of this thread relating to anything else but watch parts is purely coincidental* Be Safe.