• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Have I got the wrong strap?

Towely

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/11
Hi
I recently got a PO with the bracelet and a spare rubber strap. The first thing I did was to lose a spring bar removing the bracelet.
The next step was to fit the rubber strap (with smaller spring bars).
The problem is there is a gap between the watch case and the strap but I see pictures of other peoples PO's (and gens) and there isn't a gap.
Do I need to buy another strap?
I've read about bending spring bars but surely that shouldn't be necessary
but if it is how do I do that? They don't seem to want to bend very much.

spdu4ia

25/7/12
Depending in how big your gap is the correct size spring bars should help

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
well, if your bars are showing, you've got a wrong size strap. a different spring bar is not going to help. if you bend your spring bar, it will only make your bars, show even more.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
well, if your bars are showing, you've got a wrong size strap. a different spring bar is not going to help. if you bend your spring bar, it will only make your bars, show even more.

What he said. If the gap is between the case and strap though, thicker spring bars might help. Any pics?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Guys the gap he is referring to is in between the case and the strap.

OP: there is a gap between them, there is supposed to be. Bending bars is for leather straps designed for curved bars, not rubber. To reduce the gap to a minimum use the largest bars that will fit the holes in the strap (or tubes if the strap is built for them). The largest bars likely to fit are 1.78mm.

Towely

3/11/11
Thanks for the replies
Attached a pic showing the gap.

krakar

Known Member
31/10/11
Good luck on modding it, its a big gap. And this is a wild guess, if i pull on my UPO strap it also comes a little off the case, and you are wearing it pretty tight (or am i seeing it wrong?). Maybe with the bigger spring bars and loosen it up a little bit on the wrist also will help.

Towely

3/11/11
I do wear my watch tight but there is still a gap even after loosening it off.
I've ordered some larger bars and we will see what happens.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I have never seen that much of a gap. I hope your lug holes are not off. :shlug:

Please let us know when you get new spring bars.

For the record, I have always used 20mm x 1.8mm from Ofrei.