• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has anyone seen a replica of this sm professional ?

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Has anyone ever seen this model replicated ? I like the shape of the hands over the hollow looking hands on many SeaMaster 300m's and the lack of color put to the bezel.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
$%28KGrHqYOKiYE3k5%28W1rWBOB0qY5G3w%7E%7E0_3.JPG

I have never seen a Ti SMP rep or one with that bezel insert. It does look pretty sweet!

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
I think so, too. But what is it about the happy feet ? I seen replicas lately stating the no happy feet dial logo yet many of the older genuine Omega's I've seen lately all seem to have the happy feet. Is the no happy feet replicas all about being as close to accurate with the new models as possible ? I would think that someone would really have to know Omega to spot that on a watch of certain time era's.

Robbo73

27/5/11
Unfortunately most of us on here do know Omegas from different eras and in combination with time, cash and varying degrees of obsessive compulsive disorder, the happy feet obsession was born.

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
I'm confused too; I've seen GEN Omegas with "Happy Feet." I'm basically fine with them - I just try to make sure that my newer model REPs don't have them.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I'm confused too; I've seen GEN Omegas with "Happy Feet." I'm basically fine with them - I just try to make sure that my newer model REPs don't have them.

I will try and end your confusion. The planet oceans in gen form should not have happy feet.

Seamaster's (not all of them but most of them) come with happy feet in gen form. Examples are the 2531, 2254 and the Electric Blue Seamasters.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
$%28KGrHqYOKiYE3k5%28W1rWBOB0qY5G3w%7E%7E0_3.JPG

I have never seen a Ti SMP rep or one with that bezel insert. It does look pretty sweet!
After much searching I've found this rep, though it isn't a Ti. It looks like the blue version has this bezel but the black one doesn't. I hoping the dealer can source the blue version bezel only for the black version he has in stock. If so, it should look pretty close to this genuine model, though the bezel numbers aren't quite as bold and thick as the real deal and the pearl would need some attention.

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
You're right - no Titanium rep Seamaster is available.
The one in your pic appears to have the darker face and probably the closest you'll find is known as the Electric Blue.
Fabulous piece of watch design - amongst the finest from Omega.
The boldness of the numbers on the bezel is the main difference from the gen.
Pics and more info here .....
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...gen-rep-43795?t=43795&highlight=Electric+blue

You can find the gen reasonably easily from around $1000 upwards.
They come in quartz and auto.
Or perhaps find an ebay ad with bad photos and pick it up for even less.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Painted dial logo on gen Omega = Happy feet!
Applied logo on gen Omega = No Happy feet!

:) the meltdowns occur when the factories go for happy feet across the board, wait...just wait for the new Omegas reps for the Basel releases from Omega this year, We'll have a 1st edition of everything with happy feet on all the applied logos.....I can see the riots on the streets now ;)

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
You're right - no Titanium rep Seamaster is available.
The one in your pic appears to have the darker face and probably the closest you'll find is known as the Electric Blue.
Fabulous piece of watch design - amongst the finest from Omega.
The boldness of the numbers on the bezel is the main difference from the gen.
Pics and more info here .....
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...gen-rep-43795?t=43795&highlight=Electric+blue

You can find the gen reasonably easily from around $1000 upwards.
They come in quartz and auto.
Or perhaps find an ebay ad with bad photos and pick it up for even less.
You are right. The genuine with automatic mvt. in good preowned condition seems to be consistantly priced and selling at about 1300-1500 bucks. The one pictured above is a genuine model Chronometer. I personally prefer automatics over quartz. I have a couple questions.
1- the datewheel is white on black in the black dial model and black on white in the blue dial model ?

2- I've found a replica of the black dial model but it has the Black bezel with painted on bezel numbers. Will the metal bezel with engraved and blackened numbers, like yours on the Electric Blue model fit the Black dial model ? If so, I may be on my way to trying one out for about 275.00 instead of 1300.00 plus.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I smell another Franken Project. :lol:

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
I smell another Franken Project. :lol:
Really ? Do you think this model replica is capable of using some genuine parts ? If so then that is certainly worth considering I guess. At the moment I'm waiting for the 42mm Planet Ocean to arrive so I can see whether or not it looks and feels good enough to have some genuine parts put on it. Though I sure do like the looks of that Black Omega SM Professional with the finished metal bezel.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Post a link of the black SMP.you are considering. Let's have a look.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
I like it too. Do you think it is capable of using some genuine parts ? I may just have a go at this one and see how it looks and feels. I've got a 42mm PO Ultimate arriving soon and I'm staring to wish I'd have seen this model first. I really like the shape of the hands and with a super lume job done on the dial and hands I'm thinking this piece would look nuclear with such loom.