• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has anyone replace the bezel, dial or crystal on their PO?

the playful eyes

Horology Curious
22/10/06
Has anyone replace the bezel, dial or crystal on their 4th gen PO? I'd like to see what the possibilities are before I fully dismantle the watch. :p THanks all!

the playful eyes

Horology Curious
22/10/06
Do you know why it wouldn't fit? Case diameter etc? Thanks

Woe is me............ I was sooooo looking forward to this mod.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
To be honest I don't know why it won't fit... I'd guess date-window alignment or overall diameter... I read that the dial is not replacable from RWG2 or TRC... think it was RWG2.

the playful eyes

Horology Curious
22/10/06
I was reading that same post last night and decided to place an order for the parts linked to ofrei from that page. :D

I've browsed to trc and rwg and wasn't able to find anything confirming the dial incompatibility except from what you had mention.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Good news for everything except my bank account... The GEN dial DOES fit.

See linked thread... just confirmed today.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=13976

See post #14... marrickvilleboy states:

"NEWS OF THE DAY!

GENUINE PO DIAL FITS REPLICA.

I just installed one for a member here."

I know that I read else where that it was incompatible... I really wish I could find that thread.

Bearcat

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/06
Bezel Insert

No, But I did pop off the bezel insert. Scraped off that cheap shite double sticky paper, cleaned the goop out of the bezel with some acetone, then aligned and glued in the bezel insert. A minor little mod that makes a big difference and assures no lost bezel insert problems........Doc.