• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Guide: How to find genuine parts at ofrei and cousinsuk

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well that's something i was working since august and happy coincidence i am posting it today... I have received quite a few pms over this issue so i decided to make a thread as to help the members that are not so familiar with the process.

The most popular models like the po and the smp have been fully covered by R2 who has already provided you the serial numbers of the parts so there is no need for you to search more. But there are some other seamaster and speedmaster models (and others too) you may be interested too, so i though to give a little help...

Every gen part has a unique serial number as you know. If you find that serial number you will be able to source it on ofrei or cousins or to check if the one you found on ebay is indeed the one you are looking for.

The first action and most important is to find the case reference number, if you have this serial you will be able to find pretty much all the parts for that model and only the one you are searching for...

So let's see how you can find the case reference number. There are more than one ways to do it, but i will show you how i am doing it, i think it's pretty simple and quick...

What we will do is that we will take advantage of the work ofrei has already done for us.

The first thing you have to do is to find the model number of the watch that the part belongs too.

For example let's say i am searching for the black bezel of the big planet ocean, a very popular model and part...

So i visit omega's site and specifically their watch finder, http://www.omegawatches.com/watchfinder?gender=gents you can find here all the models available along with their model number.

I choose the seamaster under the collection and then the planet ocean big under the sub collection.

jlHQay5.jpg

As a result i got all the planet ocean models/combos.
I scroll down and i find the one i was searching for. There you go, you found the serial number of the model.

uCyCShC.jpg

If you are interested in more details about the watch just click on it.

4rJjpvA.jpg

So now we have the model number 2200.50.00 and here is the "trick", just copy that number and do a search at ofreis site for it.

VLf5tVC.jpg

We are pretty lucky cause the bezel appeared first in our search so we are basically done. But we are searching for the case reference number we talked about so as to have full access to all the parts of the specific model.

9eBwEQF.jpg

We click on the Omega Bezels, Genuine for Omega Watches and here you go, thats the case reference, if you have this you have everything.

mA9MRew.jpg

Cousinuk system is based on this philosophy(you have to register to have full access).
Lets visit their site to see what i am talking about. This is the first thing you see.

hByiV1c.jpg

Click on the omega and then afterwards on the omega case parts, since we know the case reference number.

eHcfAQb.jpg

Hit 168.1650 in the omega case number window and click on look up. The result will appear on the right, click on it and then on the search for items button. The results will appear down. See? All the parts available, pick whatever you are searching for.

ueg9y3w.jpg

SjIp1VK.jpg

So to resume, find the model number, find the case number and bingo!!!

A very helpful link also is this one http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/omega-seamaster-calibre-35597
I think all the model numbers are gathered there. The calibers too.

That's all folks, i wanted to keep this guide small and simple, i hope i didn't get you confused...

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Great Useful guide! Used to have to do things like this for car parts. Rep Points Sir!

markp

Horology Curious
8/9/12
just tryed both sites, cousins uk, i put in the 168.1650 nothing found, then ofrei site it will not let me copy and paste the nice long number in the search bar, it is late so maybe its me :lolcina:

cheers mark

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Excellent reference and post Mr.Pap,, great work for future franken builders. Congrats on the mod position by the way. :)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Great Useful guide! Used to have to do things like this for car parts. Rep Points Sir!

Thank you Rick! Much appreciated!!!

just tryed both sites, cousins uk, i put in the 168.1650 nothing found, then ofrei site it will not let me copy and paste the nice long number in the search bar, it is late so maybe its me :lolcina:

cheers mark

Mark please check that you are not leaving any gaps/spaces in the numer. Also ofrei has a copy/paste protection system so use ctr+c(for copy)/ctr+v(for paste)

Excellent reference and post Mr.Pap,, great work for future franken builders. Congrats on the mod position by the way. :)

Double thank you my friend! I hope some members will use it...

Great job MrP! :thumbsup:

Many thanks Q, i hope you liked it!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Wow! An amazing amount of time and effort went into this, and is a huge benefit to our membership.
Thank you, Pap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Great reference, took a lot of effort and time but well worth it! Could this be a candidate for a "STICKY" ? :whistle:

sunnydale

29/8/09
Thanks Pap, very useful! I wasn't so sure how to do that with Cousins!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thank you guys for the comments! Happy searching...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Nice work Mr Pap! That's a great tool for our members.

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
Mr. Pap you are a star! When I first looked at the CousinsUK site I found the search tool incredibly frustrating - this makes it all so much easier especially for any looking to work on a Franken project. Thank you for putting the time and effort in to do this very handy guide....!

-OW

JimmyP

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/12
Nice work Mr P, thanks for putting in the graft.

Surely worthy of a sticky.....?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Maybe stick it later, i will leave here for the time being cause new members usually don't pay much attention to the stickies...

Again many thanks for your comments, i hope this is helpful. :)

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Great thread Pap, it takes a heck of a lot of time to whip these up...

Very useful and thank you!

D

d4m.test

am i to understand then that i cannot purchase a "Whole" watch from these sites? I am looking for a nice pre moon.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
am i to understand then that i cannot purchase a "Whole" watch from these sites? I am looking for a nice pre moon.

Unfortunately for you, these sites just offer genuine parts, not "whole" watches.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I made this a sticky, i didn't want to get lost...

Happy searching guys!

Reactions: Sossy