• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GROUP ON HOLD!!!-GROUP BUY: Omega PO Rubber strap 20 mm.

vmena

9/4/06
Some weeks a go I posted that I made a contact that sells PO rubber bands for 20 mm. and he claimed they fit perfectly a genuine PO 42.5. Since I knew some people in these forums stated that the rep bands sold by some of our dealers did not fit the 20 mm. version, I decided to make a test with this new band to check if it could work for us. I had some issues to solve before: the dealer wanted too much money (around 80 USD) and I did not have a PO. I found a member from RWI who nicely made the test (thanks NAVI, great job) and I discussed a bit with the dealer and finally he gave me a significant discount (35 euros, about 45 USD).

Following NAVI test results, the band is of a great quality (I agree 'cause I had it before in my hands and I had a gen one some time a go) and fits perfectly the watch, after some maneuvers. These are:

• Use thinner spring bars (about 1.15 mm)[/*:m:ym2l668f]
  • You may have to remove some extra plastic around the band spring holes (factory reminders)[/*:m:ym2l668f]
  • There's a single pin in the middle of the band end (where attach to the case) that must be cut. This could be previously done by the dealer.[/*:m:ym2l668f]

Apart of this, the band seems great, and if we find a minimum of 20 members (I will post this in RWG, TRC and RWI) the band could be bought by 35 euros and shipping would be around another 5 euros so total 40 euros (around 52 USD).

Again typical clarifications: I'm doing this to help forum members save some money... no benefit for me but enjoying if this works good. Payment would by paypal to me and I would ship it by registered mail. No way to pay the dealer directly because he's not taking paypal and also I would not like making publicity of these forums to unknown people.

Find hereafter pics of the strap and post your interest in this thread. As soon I have 20 people interested, I will proceed. Black and Orange available, but I haven't had any orange in my hands and I suspect that those colors must be difficult to make close to gen, so ONLY BLACK this time.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

vmena

9/4/06
thelawnmowerman said:
Vmena ,,, youve got mail.

First of all, thanks thelawnmowerman for PM me to privately discuss some issues. This tells a lot about your education! :) But like I told you, there's nothing to hide so please feel free to post here your thinking. Nevertheless, I'm copying below my post at RWG (will be also at TRC) about this:

"A member at RWI PM'd me saying this is the same band than Joshua is selling and that theres a significant gap between end of the band and case. I'm adding a new pic to show (IMHO) that there's no gap... but I've asked NAVI to make a wrist shot to ensure it is not happening."

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
This is a copy of the Pm I sent Vmena
The strap for the PO that is pictures is the same as Joshs strap that I have ,
If Navi takes some pics of his watch on his wrist you will see that it folds down and shows a gap , in the pics of the watch when it is face down you can see that its not flush and wont stay in that position on the wrist

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
i wish for a 22mm one , count me in on one if u can get those done victor

also nice of u trying to save us some money

joe

vmena

9/4/06
rbj69 said:
i wish for a 22mm one , count me in on one if u can get those done victor

also nice of u trying to save us some money

joe

Thanks for your kind words Joe... the 22 mm. strap I think is available at Joshua or Andrew's site and it really fits the 45 mm PO. If 22 mm. is not available, I will ask.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
i just took a look and i cant find a 22mm rubber for the planet ocean, if u have seen it please send me the link to it , if not talk to your maker i would buy 6 if u can get me a good price on them ok , lmk (just to have as spares)

joe

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
On the 9th photo if you look at where the strap meets the watch you can see that the strap is away from the watch just like mine was , when it goes on your wrist (unless you've got 9inch ones) it will fold in , I've been through it all before with mine , Also the seriel numbers on the strap (64 Jah98000085) same as mine ,
Slots for pin buckle wider than gen, like mine, their not cut at an angle either , like mine. I beleive its the same strap .
I ended up buying a Gen.

vmena

9/4/06
thelawnmowerman said:
On the 9th photo if you look at where the strap meets the watch you can see that the strap is away from the watch just like mine was , when it goes on your wrist (unless you've got 9inch ones) it will fold in , I've been through it all before with mine , Also the seriel numbers on the strap (64 Jah98000085) same as mine ,
Slots for pin buckle wider than gen, like mine, their not cut at an angle either , like mine. I beleive its the same strap .
I ended up buying a Gen.

I asked NAVI for a wrist shot... then we will see.

bignasty

16/3/06
thelawnmowerman said:
I ended up buying a Gen.

I'm requesting the same type photo on a smaller wrist. I did the same thing with a rubber strap and taking pictures like the ones you took it would appear fine. On a wrist however it caves in and creates very ugly gaps.

I like RBJ would also like a 22mm version as well.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
vmena said:
Sorry guys... no 22mm available.

make it happen dammit, we r depending on u , lmao (im just kidding)

i wish one day they will make one this size

joe

NAVIGATER

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/10/06
Sorry i am just right now answering but i dont have inet at home right now.

And it is trough that there is a gap between teh watch and the strap, but i got a thin wrist dont know how much inch it is a never looked for it. On my fiance it looks better she has a bigger wrist. But for me it is no problem if will fill ub the space between the watch and the strap with some black slicone an then there is no problem. I will make some extra pics if needed

Greetings Navi :wink:

vmena

9/4/06
NAVIGATER said:
Sorry i am just right now answering but i dont have inet at home right now.

And it is trough that there is a gap between teh watch and the strap, but i got a thin wrist dont know how much inch it is a never looked for it. On my fiance it looks better she has a bigger wrist. But for me it is no problem if will fill ub the space between the watch and the strap with some black slicone an then there is no problem. I will make some extra pics if needed

Greetings Navi :wink:

We look forward for those pics NAVI... thanks again!

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Vmena
In an earlier thread (maybe december) I mentioned that I tried black silicone , unfortunately I had no luck , it comes away when worn .

digitalgulby

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/07
I just ordered the 45mm Planet Ocean recently, expecting it to ship this week.

Will this band fit it, or is mine gonna be too big for this?

If it isn't, count me in!

vmena

9/4/06
digitalgulby said:

Sorry... you need a 22mm rubber band for your 45mm PO. Only 20mm available.

erdoc

Known Member
29/11/06
vmena said:
digitalgulby said:

Sorry... you need a 22mm rubber band for your 45mm PO. Only 20mm available.

Damn!

Anyone know of a source for a leather or rubber strap in 22mm?

I have tried Silix, he has a black leather with orange stitching on the website but I have not heard back from him if they are in stock or not.