• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Greetings progams!

Tomahawkchop

Horology Curious
29/7/13
Yeah I know, I just dated myself with that thread title. Oh well, at least you know I'm an adult. LOL

I've become interested in the world of watches in general but as I am a member of the "unwashed masses" there's no way I can ever justify paying 1000s of dollars for a nice watch. The nicest watch I own is a Movado that I bought used off of ebay. Having said that, it is in near-new condition and so I'm happy with it.

I love diver watches, not because I dive but just because I like how they look. The Blancpain 50 Fathoms, Rolex Submariner, Seiko Oyster Diver and Omega Seamaster would be fine examples. I like them in any colour as long as it's blue. ;)

I know that there are people out there who say that replicas take money out of the pockets of the Genmakers but since I could never afford a Gen, they're not getting my money anyway. Truth be told, I feel better about giving money to poor people in Asia than rich people in Europe. (Even though I am of 100% European descent)

I was born and live in Canada where I've lived almost all of my life (if you'll ignore the 6 months I lived in the USA as a child). I will also be a UK citizen soon so maybe one day I'll decide to live in the EU somewhere.

I'm not here to cause trouble or troll, I'm just here to share the love of watches that I must assume that everyone here has and to learn as much as I can about replicas because I find them incredibly fascinating.

I guess that's enough talk, don't want anyone's eyes to hurt from reading a wall of text. Glad to be here!

Oh yeah, I'm a guy. (Just sayin') :cheers:

Jeremy

Renowned Member
16/6/13
Hey, they said it again in Tron Legacy right? I'm going with that to make myself feel a little younger. :p

Welcome to the Darkside, nice to have you join us.

:cheers:

Tomahawkchop

Horology Curious
29/7/13
Thank you for the warm welcome Jeremy, it is most appreciated and is the mark of a quality forum with quality members. :D

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Greetings mate. One for you Tron fans, I bet you didn't know Paul Revere did his famous ride on The Grid did you?

paul_revere_the_midnight_rider_by_sharpwriter-d4d36nt.jpg

Jeremy

Renowned Member
16/6/13
I bet you didn't know Paul Revere did his famous ride on The Grid did you?

I didn't, haha

Want:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm71XMaC2Ik"]Tron Light Cycle Motorcycle - Available on Flashwear.com - YouTube[/ame]

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section

Regards
ALE
PAM Section Moderator

Tomahawkchop

Horology Curious
29/7/13
Greetings mate. One for you Tron fans, I bet you didn't know Paul Revere did his famous ride on The Grid did you?

paul_revere_the_midnight_rider_by_sharpwriter-d4d36nt.jpg
I have no words to describe the awesomeness here! LOL
Welcome from another TRON fan....

Tomahawkchop.gif~original
Ok, I'm going to have to beg you now to let me use that as my sig! LOL

Thanks everyone for the great welcome! This is far beyond anything I expected! You guys all rock! It looks like I'm going to have to take the old recognizer out for a spin! LOL
Tron_Recognizer_by_cinfa.jpg