• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Got my new Ceramic PO

Tagster

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/10
Hi all!

I just wanted to share with the community that last week I received my 42mm Planet Ocean Ceramic. I got it from a dealer which is not a trusted one here, but is trusted on the RWG and which I always have bought my rep watches from.

I must say this watch is very nice made. I think is quite close to the gen, with a minor details that you can only spot if you compare it side to side to the genuine like: "seamaster" word and seconds hand color is not as red as the gen, the crown is a little bit bolder than the gen, the "Omega" logo is also more bold, the bezel color is a little bit darker and the feeling is different, the rep feels like aluminum and the gen more ceramic, the font of the bezel numbers are also different, the pearl is a little bit bigger and placed lower in the rep, the hands are different too and the date wheel font definitely is different, etc. But again, you can only tell this differences when you closely compare the rep side to side with the gen.

My watch comes with a gen swiss ETA 2836-2 and so far it keeps good time. The weight is very, very similar to the gen and the feel of the bracelet is very close to the gen too.

Well, I think enough of talking and onto the photos:

Skyfall_PO_AquaTerra-34.jpg

Skyfall_PO_AquaTerra-36.jpg

Skyfall_PO_AquaTerra-37.jpg

Skyfall_PO_AquaTerra-38.jpg

Skyfall_PO_AquaTerra-39.jpg

And here with my gen Limited Edition Skyfall, which I got the same week the PO rep was on its way from CN. I got a very good deal on the Skyfall that I could not resist, so I pulled the trigger.

Skyfall_PO_AquaTerra-40.jpg

Skyfall_PO_AquaTerra-41.jpg

Skyfall_PO_AquaTerra-42.jpg

Skyfall_PO_AquaTerra-43.jpg

The Skyfall 8507 movement

Skyfall_PO_AquaTerra-44.jpg

Skyfall_PO_AquaTerra-47.jpg

Thanks for viewing, I hope you liked the pics.

Cheers Mates!!! :D:

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
That skyfall is so nice, why can they make a good rep of it already?

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Lovely watches my friend. The crown on the rep looks as it it could be replaced with gen, and then with a slightly shorter stem, be homed into the cut out in the case like the gen?

CaitlinHampton

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/4/13
Planet ocean from Omega has always intrigued me quite a lot..they are superb machines which boast of exceptional quality and precision..the one featured in the Bond movie is just superb...i wonder whats the price and i have a question too as well..do other brands manufacture planet ocean as well..just asking..

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Nice photo review mate ;-) It's great to eventually see a side-by-side (of sorts) of one of these.

For me the biggest tell from the front at this distance is the pearl...

View attachment 22082

...but even here it is hard to pick. It really is a great rep. It would be interesting to compare the gen dial (I.e. non-Skyfall SE) as I've read some members saying the BP rep version isn't quite there.

You must be a big fan of the movie to have a gen SE and rep of effectively the same watch ;-)))

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Killer looking omega!!! I just love it, basically both of them!!!

Very nice pics also.

Tagster

22/6/10
That skyfall is so nice, why can they make a good rep of it already?

Thanks mate!

I think there is a skyfall rep, but is not a good one, in fact is a terrible one.

It would be so easy to have a decent Skyfall replica, I mean having the CrPO reps the manufacturers just need to place the already existing skfyall rep dial onto the CrPO case and engrave the skyfall and 007 logos on the rotor and that´s it!

Cheers.

Lovely watches my friend. The crown on the rep looks as it it could be replaced with gen, and then with a slightly shorter stem, be homed into the cut out in the case like the gen?

Thanks my friend!

And yes, I think it would be possible. The crown cut out on both cases are practically the same, I mean, with my bare eyes I can´t see or notice a difference. Both crowns are also the same size, the only noticeable difference is the finish: the rep has bold slots and the gen is more refined.

Cheers!

Planet ocean from Omega has always intrigued me quite a lot..they are superb machines which boast of exceptional quality and precision..the one featured in the Bond movie is just superb...i wonder whats the price and i have a question too as well..do other brands manufacture planet ocean as well..just asking..

I do not think other brands manufacture "Planet Oceans" since is a trademark of Omega (Swatch Group), maybe you are confused with the "Super Ocean" watch from Breitling, the name sounds similar and could confuse anyone.

James Bond wore two watches in the Skyfall film: at the first scene in Turkey he was wearing a 42 Planet Ocean, and for the rest of the movie he wore a 38.5 Aqua Terra with blue dial.

The price of the gen Planet Ocean is 6,200 usd and for the Aqua Terra is 5,500 usd.

Cheers!

Very nice! That skyfall gen is sexy!!!!!!

Thank you my friend!!

Nice photo review mate ;-) It's great to eventually see a side-by-side (of sorts) of one of these.

For me the biggest tell from the front at this distance is the pearl...

View attachment 22082

...but even here it is hard to pick. It really is a great rep. It would be interesting to compare the gen dial (I.e. non-Skyfall SE) as I've read some members saying the BP rep version isn't quite there.

You must be a big fan of the movie to have a gen SE and rep of effectively the same watch ;-)))

You are right: the more obvious and noticeable flaw in the rep is the pearl, but you need to have a gen watch to compare it or be an Omega expert to tell.

I agree with you, I would like to see a gen PO dial and compare it to the rep. One thing that I found out is the "Seamaster" and coloured tip of the seconds hands is more orange than red on the gen, so I think the color on the rep is as per gen. I read the Skyfall version has a more intense red color on this parts of the dial.

And yes, I am a big fan not only of Skyfall but of all James Bond character and movies :D: Having the two watches is more a matter of coincidence than desire: I ordered the PO rep because even though I love the gen I was not willing to spend that kind of money at this moment, but then the destiny played me a good trick and that same week I ordered the rep, a friend of mine came to me and he offered me his LE PO Skyfall because he is expecting a baby and needed some money; so, knowing I´m a big fan of the character and also I am a watch freak and I always wanted to have that Limited edition, he was sure I will take it. Finally I bought it from him for a very good price. I got a good deal and I was kind of helping my friend at the same time.

Cheers mate!!

Killer looking omega!!! I just love it, basically both of them!!!

Very nice pics also.

Thanks mate!!

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
Hmmm.. Wonder if the insert from the skyfall will fit the CrPO..
Mine's already started to fade... Even after protective coating :(

Tagster

22/6/10
Hmmm.. Wonder if the insert from the skyfall will fit the CrPO..
Mine's already started to fade... Even after protective coating :(

I don´t know mate.

As I see it, it looks very possible, I mean the size looks like being the same, it is just matter of see if the insert mount is similar.

Cheers.

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
The new version Skyfall is out (at least with Josh). I'm sure the other dealers will have them soon. Like all the new Omegas, it looks great. The main problem seems to be the hit/miss QC @ BP Factory.

Tagster

22/6/10
The new version Skyfall is out (at least with Josh). I'm sure the other dealers will have them soon. Like all the new Omegas, it looks great. The main problem seems to be the hit/miss QC @ BP Factory.

Hi Mate,

Yes, I just saw it and it looks good. It is based on the Ceramic PO, so as I thought they just dropped the Skyfall dial into a Ceramic PO case and they just engraved the "skyfall 007" in the rotor.

It has some flaws which are only noticeable if you compare it side to side to the gen.

Cheers!

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Very nice, I wish they would rep that Aqua Terra also, would be all over that

Agreed. You would've thought the AT was fairly easy to rep as well. At least you don't have to worry about a rotating bezel or He valve.

Am I right in assuming these new Skyfall PO bezel inserts will suffer the same fading issues as the CrPOs?

Tagster

22/6/10
Agreed. You would've thought the AT was fairly easy to rep as well. At least you don't have to worry about a rotating bezel or He valve.

Am I right in assuming these new Skyfall PO bezel inserts will suffer the same fading issues as the CrPOs?

I would assume the new Skyfall PO rep will also suffer the fading issue, since that rep are based on the CrPOs.

Obviously the gen LE Skyfall PO does not have that problem.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Anyone know anything about the construction of the bezel insert? I thought there was suppose to be a big thing over liquid metal being some sort of technological achievement, yet this rep came out pretty quickly after that technology was announced.

This is the watch I plan to buy since I was already planning on buying a v5 black/white to complement the orange one. Still, the black/white is cool and all but I think this bezel is much better to get than the aluminum. I always found aluminum inserts to be an annoyance..they get scuffed too easily.

justudor

18/1/13
Anyone know anything about the construction of the bezel insert? I thought there was suppose to be a big thing over liquid metal being some sort of technological achievement, yet this rep came out pretty quickly after that technology was announced.

This is the watch I plan to buy since I was already planning on buying a v5 black/white to complement the orange one. Still, the black/white is cool and all but I think this bezel is much better to get than the aluminum. I always found aluminum inserts to be an annoyance..they get scuffed too easily.

I highly doubt they are following these instructions:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r71t-FSoFAI"]OMEGA Liquidmetal ® Technology - YouTube[/ame]
:rofl:
The sexy lady did not mention anything about fading