• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Got my Mille Miglia GT XL Limited 2007 (grey) added navitimer bracelet

kook

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/09
I finally got my watch and got it all put together. I had purchased it from Hont and it ONLY took a week to get from him to me in Southern California after it was actually shipped (about 2 weeks when taking into consideration communication, his QC pics, sending money, etc...).

It arrived just as promised and looks great. When I was ordering the watch, I really wanted something with a clean chrono face but a polished bracelet. Initially I was looking at a Brietling Navitimer or Chronomat B05. I ended up shying away from those because it seems like everyone has them and I wanted something different and something that not as many people know about (brand).

I ordered it thinking it would be really easy to just buy a polished stainless bracelet on it. Well wouldn't you know it, it is about the only watch out there that uses a 23mm lug size (except for some russian watch where the parts aren't even available). So I did all the research that I could and came up with buying the replica Navitimer bracelet in the 24mm size and shaving it down to 23mm. This proved to be much more difficult than I thought. Shaving the end pieces was EASY, the only problem is that the first link still fits slightly inside the lugs and was still too wide. That means I had to grind those down and then file, sand and polish those links as well, which were pretty thick. All in all the job took me about 1 1/2 hours and looks pretty good. Without knowing what to look for, someone couldn't tell it was custom fitted while it is on my wrist (other than the watch doesn't come with a metal strap of any kind).

Some might think it is stupid to put another brands/style bracelet on a Chopard and others might think it is stupid to put a stainless bracelet on a watch that is ONLY offered with a rubber band. Hopefully I don't get too much flack ;)

Some quick iphone pics below

photo1-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo6-1.jpg

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Don't worry about the haters. Be creative!

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

alpina

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/7/10
Nice...+ it's your watch, you put a barbie bracelet on if that's what you want, you paid for it afterall...

Enjoy.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Sorry IMO it looks better with rubber or leather

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Sorry IMO it looks better with rubber or leather

I'm sorry too, but I'm with Ale on this one. I own this watch and, I have to say, it's one of my favourites - one of the best reps out there imho.

It looks so much better on the rubber strap.

Each to their own though, whatever you are happy with. That, at the end of the day, is what counts.

Happy holidays.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Cool... I like the classic look of the watch from the factory, but that's an original idea, so kudos for that :)

I kinda like it, but I think it would be one of those cases where it actually looks a lot better in person...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk