• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Got My First Rep. Not sure if it's any Good!

dazandsun

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/1/09
Hi guys, been looking to buy my first rep for about a year now and finally I got a P.O from Time4Direct.

This one: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/omega-planet-ocean-eta-2836-33961

I was quite happy with it initially, but then after anaylizing it for a while I noticed that to me it looked used. There is quite a noticeable scratch on the top of the case and there is quite a few scratches near the lugs on both sides that appears to be due to the changing of the strap. The top of the strap acually came apart at the lugs before I wore it, but I managed to click it back together(hopefully). Is this normal/acceptable?? The advertised watch looks immaculate.

If this was all, I could live with it, but the thing I'm most concerned about is it's time keeping. When I first got it, I fully wound it and began wearing it. But it stops after about 36 hours or so.

If I give it a shake it will start again for a few minutes and then stops again. It seems to require winding every 36 hours to keep it going. I was under the impression that an automatic should keep going if you continually wear it.

Is this normal or do I have a duffer of a watch??
I'd hate to think I got an old/used watch that's been lying around for some time.

As this is my first rep I'm unsure of what's generally acceptable.

PO2.jpg

PO1.jpg

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Not acceptable - I would IMMEDIATELY contact the seller with the pics.
It should continually run when worn, and have about a 24-36 hour reserve when not being worn.

Based on the pics, I'd be pissed!

tflgee

1/9/09
If you are wearing it, it should not require winding. If you leave it sitting on a desk for a few days it will stop (usually after a day or two). If you have to continually wind it and you are actually wearing it then there is a problem. As far as the scuffs go, they will probably not do anything because you have worn the watch. There is no way to know if you did it or it came that way. The good news is, those are probably easily polished out.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Sorry, but I don't think you'll get any help on this one. Not because it's acceptable but because you wore it for some time before reporting cosmetic flaws. You should have contacted T4D IMMEDIATELY upon receipt.

dazandsun

13/1/09
I just received the watch on Christmas eve, so it's just 5 days old.

frenzalrhomb

Known Member
2/8/08
Regardless of the scratches the watch sounds as though its not auto-winding it should go back to be repaired/replaced.

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
I agree with Anop that you should have contacted Robert immediately, but I would still contact him and see what he can do. Robert's a stand up guy and should take care of you.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Based on the pics, it is disappointing that a watch in that condition would be sent to out ..... A close, thorough inspection of the watch the DAY YOU RECEIVE IT is a great rule to follow, then if there is a problem, E-mail the seller ASAP !!

dazandsun

13/1/09
Thanks for your interest guys,
I am disappointed about the scratches, especially on my first purchase, but as mentioned my BIG concern is that it doesn't auto-wind.
In fairness it's hard to know the day you get it if its working properly or not (well for a noob anyway- it being my first automatic). It took about 36 hours before I noticed something wasn't right. I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong and so I didn't want to complain without being sure, so I wound it again and waited another 36 hours. I have e-mailed Robert but received no reply yet. Should I expect a replacement?

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Contact the seller, if tye are "good guys" they may help....but the scratches look to me like monkeying with the bracelet.
The watch should run, at least have the movement replaced. You can buff out the scratches with some 600 on a dremel and polish it up.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
The ones at the lugs can happen. Not a big thing. The one on top looks like it was whacked against something. You could have done that and not known. You've only had it a few days and I can see quite a few desk diving marks on it. But you can polish them out. In regards to the reserve I assume you can hear the rotor spinning. If so then in all fairness there was no way for you to know until you had worn it a few days.