• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Got it! PO 45

Hogan

Renowned Member
26/1/09
Wow, loven this lil beauty!

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

I think the first project is a re-luming..
IMG_0692.jpg

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Nice looking UPO! Relume and crystal AR would do it superrep.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I say crown/tube first. Start searching for a used SMP insert on ebay. Then let's talk about a pearl mod.

If you are not happy with the lumeand know this model is a keeper, think about the cost time involved in an AR/Lume job compared to Gen parts. I chose the Gen route because it was fastest.

You can flip your used(mint) rep parts and recoup some of your costs.

It's a beauty as is too! :thumbsup:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I vote franken! Well you knew it was coming...

sunnydale

29/8/09
For some reason the pic does not pick up the AR... The crystal disappears.

I don't know about the AR on UPOs nowadays but when I got mine it had one side coating. It looked nice and I was happy with it but after I saw gen I realized that this is one big tell in these. Gen has very clear crystal!

I just finished my other UPO some minutes ago and it has nothing but double side AR coating (my own lab, SunnydARe coating :)) and aftermarket bezel insert (+ Swiss ETA 2824-2 but you cannot see it) but it looks a lot different than it was originally. Quick shot:

IMG_4020.jpg

Hogan

Renowned Member
26/1/09
I don't know about the AR on UPOs nowadays but when I got mine it had one side coating. It looked nice and I was happy with it but after I saw gen I realized that this is one big tell in these. Gen has very clear crystal!

I just finished my other UPO some minutes ago and it has nothing but double side AR coating (my own lab, SunnydARe coating :)) and aftermarket bezel insert (+ Swiss ETA 2824-2 but you cannot see it) but it looks a lot different than it was originally. Quick shot:

IMG_4020.jpg

Oooooo, that is purdy!

Does a Gen bezel fit? Q, we need to talk. :)

Hogan

Renowned Member
26/1/09
Yes a gen bezel fits but in a case of 45.5 mm model it needs some work. Fine dd does it :)

Fine dd does the mod? I'm thinking May time frame to start modding. I was looking on the bay the other night and the bezels there look no different then what I have now. So I guess Ofrei is the place to go to make sure getting good stuff.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Fine dd does the mod? I'm thinking May time frame to start modding. I was looking on the bay the other night and the bezels there look no different then what I have now. So I guess Ofrei is the place to go to make sure getting good stuff.

Fine dd (EU) fits the whole gen bezel to UPO. See his section, there are 2 Franken UPOs he has done.

Gen bezel is pricey though.