• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Good morning Vietnam!!! well that was the brief for this ugly now beautiful 1675

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
So the story starts with a bag of bits that was masquerading as a watch .... all the good bits, just not very well put together. I wanted to turn this ugly duckling of a 1675 into something that looked like it had a long and happy life from around 1964, the dial was correct period so we just needed modify the rest.

Milk case completely reworked but without the PCG's, MQ dial, bunch of stuff from Raffles to complete it and a dodgy movement.
No matter, throw this to Lucian and let him do his magic..... @Solution6

Created the new PCG's the watch needed, serviced and replaced parts of the dodgy movement, buffed out some internal scratches under the gen plexiglass and the aged the entire watch including shaving and sorting out the CrownArtCustoms insert. Give it a nice bathe and then clean/buff/polish/aged and oil and get it shipped back quickly!!!

Add to that the fantastic service and communication plus a really decent chap that makes for a happy all around experience....... so much so that same day I received the watch I sent him another and there will be more in future.

Last edited:

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
eddie murphy enjoy GIF

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
So the story starts with a bag of bits that was masquerading as a watch .... all the good bits, just not very well put together. I wanted to turn this ugly duckling of a 1675 into something that looked like it had a long and happy life from around 1964, the dial was correct period so we just needed modify the rest.

Milk case completely reworked but without the PCG's, MQ dial, bunch of stuff from Raffles to complete it and a dodgy movement.
No matter, throw this to Lucian and let him do his magic..... @Solution6

Created the new PCG's the watch needed, serviced and replaced parts of the dodgy movement, buffed out some internal scratches under the gen plexiglass and the aged the entire watch including shaving and sorting out the CrownArtCustoms insert. Give it a nice bathe and then clean/buff/polish/aged and oil and get it shipped back quickly!!!

Add to that the fantastic service and communication plus a really decent chap that makes for a happy all around experience....... so much so that same day I received the watch I sent him another and there will be more in future.
Thank you for the kind words good sir. This was a good challenge :)