• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Golf always gets you back down to earth...

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Golf is such a honest game :D

Got out early with the green keepers today. Weatherforecast said sunny and 13 degrees at 07.00.

Result:

Rain! **** the weather channel!

Waited for 25 minutes

After the rain stopped ( I already was in a bad mood ) continued on a Par 4
I normally play bogey, sometimes (2 out of 10) par. 370 meters (about 430 yards)

Today...

This is where I aimed.

I ended up right in the front bunker. Poor shot out of bunker. Lay up to 80 yards, missed green :facepalm: poor chip, three puts.

As said: GOLF IS HONEST!

p.s.: I stopped noting my score from there on....

sam79

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/1/14
Ah that's why we love it so much! It is like an addiction, and also incredibly infuriating!
ive been so busy with work/kids etc I've not been out for just over a month!
Just to highlight how frustrating it can be, the last time I played I lipped in a 15ft EAGLE put. On the following hole, I shoot TRIPLE BOGEY 7?!?!?!
Aaarrrggghhhh how my putter didn't get bent over my knee I'll never know lol.
where do you play co-axial?

sam

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
my scorecard has G's and B's on it

G for a good hole
B for a bad hole

I don't count strokes I just decide how badly my shots were for each hole to decide...

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Sadness is when your 9 year old has a better swing than you. Happiness is playing 18 holes every weekend with him
besubyta.jpg

Sent from my J12 maker IPhone v6.1

Stealthy

MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/13
So true.... Last Saturday I had 1 quad bogey, 2 triple bogey, 4 double bogey but went birdie eagle birdie on the last 3 hole. Happy ending they say.

The Eagle is in drivable 290yds par 4. Tee off ended up 5 ft from hole

Deeje

Renowned Member
28/3/14
I try to play a lot. I live in an amazing area for golf. I grew up on and play mostly at a course that was designed by Ray Floyd's dad, living across the street from him during my youth. Ray had a summer home next door. I learned how to play from LB Floyd. In this area, I am 1 hour from Pinehurst and all the courses that area has to offer, and headed south and east, I can be in Myrtle Beach and the 80+ golf courses around the "Grand Strand". Needless to say I am in a helluva area to tee it up.

Now I played yesterday and had one of my more odd rounds of golf. I shot 39 on the front, par 36, with only 1 par. I had 6 bogeys, 1 par, 1 birdie, and 1 eagle. On the back nine I shot 37 with a bogey and double and 2 birdies. Very weird round to shoot 76 and screw up in the manner I did on the front 9. Made all sorts of bogeys from mid fairway less than 100 yards out. Sad when you reach a par 5 in two from 257 and knock 3 wood to about 15 feet and miss the hell out of the green with my 58 degree wedge.

Such is life and such is golf I assume.