• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Goal: Speedy- or PO-style bracelet onto SMP 300m?

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
I have a SMP 300m (the standard, bond style), and I would like a more "oyster"-looking bracelet on it. I've been told that the PO bracelets are incompatible with the SMP 300m.

So I tried to fit the bracelet from the black version Seamaster (which is very similar to the Speedy):

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/seamaster-300m-black-dial/

However the lug holes didn't line up properly with the endlinks. Any suggestions to accomplish this mod? I don't want to shave, drill, etc. That's well above my pay grade when it comes to reps.

Thanks guys!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
No telling for sure unless we had pics or measurements. Just guessing, that at the SMP 300 that you are trying to fit has the holes closer toward the case and the speed master is further out, is that correct?

I bought a bond style bracelet from Wholesale outlet on the bay and it's lug holes were too far out from the case so what I did was take the end-links off the bracelet and run a drill bit to mill the hole toward the case. Because the hole is closer to the case it cannot go any further back.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Essentially, you are elongating the hole on the end link. This will only work if the hole on the lugs are closer to the inside of the watch and your endlink hole location is further out toward the ends of the lugs.

Did I confuse you further? :thinking:

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
I have a Speedmaster Moony and SMP from Time Shop, and a 42mm PO from WBK. The PO bracelet has been on both the SMP and Speedmaster and fit/looked good. I assume they will all interchange between my watches. It may just be the luck of the draw. I'm sure that helps!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I have the rep SMP closed factory, SMP current ETA and Rep PO. They are not the same.
I also have the gen straps. Not the same. So every watch is different.

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
Where did you get the watch? That might help. Here are pics of a PO bracelet on my Speedmaster. I wish I had some pics of that bracelet on my SMP, it looks pretty good. Purists would cringe though!

100_2219.jpg

100_2218.jpg

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
I got the SMP and my PO from Fakemaster. I also bought the Speedy/SMP bracelet from him seperatly.

When I say Speedy/SMP bracelet, what I mean is that it's got a Seamaster clasp, but the links look like a Speedy's. It looks like it was offered on some Seamasters, such as the black dial Seamaster professional (not the traditional SMP 300m "Bond"). The case of that watch looks so close the the SMP 300m, that I figured that it would fit.

Perhaps I just need to get endlinks that would fit my SMP 300m case, but then fit the "new" bracelet? Of course I can't re-use the ones on the watch now, as they are made to accept the 5-wide 300m bracelet.

Perhaps tonight I'll see if the 42.5 PO bracelet has endlinks that will bridge the gap. I doubt it though. The hunt continues...

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
I'm also on the hunt for a good smp bracelet.
They are very hard to find these days, old ones were much better imho.

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
Ok, I just tried swapping a PO bracelet onto my SMP. That also did not work. It looks like the lug holes on the SMP are too far in (both up, and in toward the case). Anyone have any Speedy endlinks that might match up? Other suggestions?