• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Daydate 40

kdol98

Getting To Know The Place
27/8/22
Hello, I have some considerations about my next purchasing Daydate. I would prefer WG/SS (the weight doesn't matter for me so I actually don't need tungsten) with rectangular diamond like these pics. I am fascinated by the meteorite dial but my TD said he couldn't find GMF, and instead by GSF. Have you ever heard about GSF? Is this good in general and meteorite version in particular? If not, I would choose the white dial as below. And does the meteorite dial look like gen because according to the pics on Trustytime that I sent, I feel like it is a bit different. The other question is about movement. Should I go for A2836 or A3255 clone? I know the clone is not VS or VR, so it's not too much reliable but still hope if I should pull the trigger. As far as I know, GMF is the best but recently I saw JDG, and GSF as my TD said, all use 904L. How's their finishing? Are they as good as GMF?

kdol98

27/8/22
I never buy a diamond indices before, so I also want to ask if they are as stable as regular indices

QQ0

Known Member
19/2/23
EU
TDs couldn't source GMF because of the tungsten supplier problem. I have made a thread about the Tungsten GSF in the Rolex section before, its somewhere in here. If you don't care about weight then maybe look at the BP offering.

QQ0

Known Member
19/2/23
EU
The A3255 is just a decorated movement I believe. It is not a true clone. Also the diamond setting is quite hard to QC so be aware and don't expect a perfect finish. Other than that, you are good.

kdol98

27/8/22
TDs couldn't source GMF because of the tungsten supplier problem. I have made a thread about the Tungsten GSF in the Rolex section before, its somewhere in here. If you don't care about weight then maybe look at the BP offering.
Does BPF use 904L? I think BP uses 316L instead

QQ0

Known Member
19/2/23
EU
I think BP uses the 316L.
You could take a look yourself for the comparison with GEN

There is a pic of GSF on the thread I made.

But if you worry about the steel material and that's your main concern. Buy what makes you happy. You wouldn't want to have it in the back of your mind while wearing.

Reactions: kdol98

kdol98

27/8/22
I think BP uses the 316L.
You could take a look yourself for the comparison with GEN

There is a pic of GSF on the thread I made.

But if you worry about the steel material and that's your main concern. Buy what makes you happy. You wouldn't want to have it in the back of your mind while wearing.
yeah I just concern the quality of stainless steel and the finishing, not the weight. If GSF is good, I have no reason not to choose it lol

HollywoodScreenProps

10/2/23
U.S.
Seems everyone is looking for the Tungsten watches. I just received word from the only TD that recently had the Tungsten DayDate, Steve, from TheOne. He says the GMF factory has yet to produce more of them. He will keep me posted he said so as I hear I can relay it back.

FETA1

16/8/06
Seems everyone is looking for the Tungsten watches. I just received word from the only TD that recently had the Tungsten DayDate, Steve, from TheOne. He says the GMF factory has yet to produce more of them. He will keep me posted he said so as I hear I can relay it back.
The thing about the Tungsten, the only person who is going to know is the person wearing the watch. If you take the watch off and hand it to someone, yes it will be heavier than your average rep, but still not as heavy as the gen, but the finising will never be the same (at least on the PM Daydates). To me its not worth the extra cost but to each their own!!!

HollywoodScreenProps

10/2/23
U.S.
The thing about the Tungsten, the only person who is going to know is the person wearing the watch. If you take the watch off and hand it to someone, yes it will be heavier than your average rep, but still not as heavy as the gen, but the finising will never be the same (at least on the PM Daydates). To me its not worth the extra cost but to each their own!!!
Valid points!

Jameshut

5/4/23
United States

I have a gen watch here , a tungsten , and BP watch here. What are some of the very noticeable differences that you can spot and can you tell me which one is which?

Reactions: Newguyhere95

Twim

10/12/22
I would say that the one in the middle is the gen

peterpl

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
Its very clear that the left is the gen.

You can immediately tell just from the DW and the day font and sizes. LOL

The dial on the right is totally wrong as well. The texture on it looks horrid and totally incorrect.

Also why not take a picture of the gen with the reps right next to each other in the same lighting? Or did you take a picture of the gen at the dealer and went home to take the pictures' of the reps? The gold color comparison would be more valid if it was all 3 in the same picture. Your lighting is different.

My advice is dont wear full gold reps.