• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

getting the bracelet tight to the case on 42mm planet ocean?

mattsheehan

14/6/09
Hi, ive got a 42mm planet ocean and the bracelet is very loose round the watch head. when I use 2mm spring bars thay don't sit in the lug holes very well and with a small tug the bracelet comes away.

do I need to drill the lug holes out, with a pin vise or something, and to what size if so.

any advise?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Strange it doesn't fit well with 2mm springbars, the fact that is pulls away I'm thinking one springbar ends may not be connecting properly to the hole. Had same problem before, sometimes when you think it is in it really isn't and may be just hanging unstably over the springbar holes. I think you need slightly thinner springbars on the bracelet, it provides a little more room for the bar to slot home properly. 1.8mm should be fine.

Below is previous message I posted regarding PO springbars, hope it helps.

Gen is on the right, franken orange 5th gen is on the left, I tried a few different springbars and none were great but tried these 1.8mm springbars from cousins I had lying around and
they work great, not overly difficult to get on with a good springbar tool, they are very snug and look as close as I've got to gen in fit and tightness. I'm gonna use these springbars for all omega
rep bracelets from now on. They are cousinsuk code: 138A20.
6BEuY.jpg

yHTWB.jpg

dJfQn.jpg

mamajabubu

Known Member
3/11/10
Same thing happened to my Gen5 42cm. Drove me CRAZY!!

But realized that trick is the bend the spring-bars slightly, and use a pin to push it into the hole. now it fits fine!