• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Getting a Omega, can't decide.

shehroz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/5/09
Alright, getting something without chronos so here's my my third attempt. Graduations coming up so need a new watch and here are the choices:

1. http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seamaste ... 1-p-1.html

2. http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seamaste ... 8-p-1.html

3. http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seamaste ... 4-p-1.html

4. http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seamaste ... 9-p-1.html

Which one looks like the best rep? I will wear this everyday so which one will fit those needs? Thanks for reading and all replies are appreciated.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Get one from fakey.. some members think he work is awesome on these..

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Hmmm. Well number three 'aka' the Biohazzard model is not a good rep. Omega discontinued the gen last year. Same goes for the GMT. Number four is fantasy. Does not exist in gen form. That leaves number one. It is also a fantasy in the respect that it does not have the 007 hand. With that said I reviewed this model and afterwards swapped the second hand out for a regular one because I like it better. I also installed a new movement then moved the internals into one of my case sets because the one it comes with is wrong. It has been my daily wearer since then.

One other point I should mention. The reason I installed the new movement is because the one it came with died. Actually both of the review watches did. So the one I sold off was upgraded too. Just food for thought.

b16a2

13/1/07
fakemaster said:
That leaves number one. It is also a fantasy in the respect that it does not have the 007 hand.

The first one isn't a fantasy watch. Omega sells the Black SMP in standard form. The one with the '007' seconds hand is just a limited edition vesion of it.

I would say of the four watches, the first one is the best one to go for.

tenshin2002

3/1/09
alviando said:

Yeah, my vote is on the secret number five. The Fakemaster SMP, you wont regret it.

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
go for a fakey smp ..better value and your getting a watch made for you :D it will be better built than any of the ones in your list .

Nelson

Known Member
20/11/08
Go with Fakey and you can't go wrong.

I have one and it is amazing. It may be a litle bit more but it is completly worth it. :D

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Wow that 007 replica looks lousy, they should source a different one for their site. That's the worst I've seen in years.

I guess one of the first 3, none are really anything I'd buy though.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I did not notice that one had the wave dial. I thought it was the smooth one. It is not a fantasy model. But it is using the same case set as the SE rep.

std3333

Horology Curious
11/3/09
as far as looks go i would say the first one...about quality...top quality asia my a*s.think of giving some more money and you will not regret it,the secret number 5 sounds just graduation material :D

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
alviando said:

Several refs in this thread to watches by fakey.
I'm looking at the Seamaster GMT.
How do I get to Mr. Fakey to inquire?

Thanks, gents!!!

Disregard. Second espresso just kicked in. I'm good :!:

tenshin2002

3/1/09
twofrompsu said:
alviando said:

Several refs in this thread to watches by fakey.
I'm looking at the Seamaster GMT.
How do I get to Mr. Fakey to inquire?

Thanks, gents!!!

Disregard. Second espresso just kicked in. I'm good :!:
Just press the PM button in his post in this thread ;-)

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I don't think he builds the GMT (although check directly with him).

Ruby was selling a nice ETA (clone?) Omega GMT viewtopic.php?f=37&t=25761 . Also, Mark (Timesshop) has / had the 21j entry GMT.