• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Genuine or Replica?

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
A friend of mine owns a couple of Omegas, his latest is a Planet Ocean, I think he said he paid something like £2500 for it, over the phone mail order from a seller in the UK. I took a photo of it, its not the best photo i know! the hands and omega logo have reflected and gone really dark and the face seems to have gone navy! It should have a black face. Obviously as far as I know its genuine, what do you guys think, definitely a gen? Or has he been ripped off!
PYz7Ml.jpg

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
Yeah I think it probably is, he's quite in to his luxury goods, so I don't think he would have bought a replica knowingly.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
The important point is...:

That todays reps are so close, we need to even wonder...
Paying a lot of money for something like a wristwatch, not made of precious metal, and not jewel encrusted is just plain unnecessary these days...
It's actually only a piece of "costume jewelry", regardless of how much one spends on it....

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
Yeah i'm sure it is, I thought after seeing a thread on here that the hour markings may have been Rep like and possibly the Navy face had been caused by a blue AR coating? I'm learning though so dont really know what i'm on about yet!!

audace

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/11
Looks gen to me, but unless you open it up, it could be a franken for all we know

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Gee, I shouldn't have been so picky about my SEL fit on my UPO..... Now my rep is better than gen!!!