• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GEN VS REP: BP rolex day date White gold Olive 228239

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
I purchased this a week ago
the bp day date olive dial.
want to make a review on it for anyone who want to make the purchase.

Overall: the rep looks great, dial is great color, bracelet is sharp, a bit flimsy and feels like an old bracelet that got some wear in it. case is correct overall, edge are not as sharp as gen, thats to be expected on rep overall.
This is just overall review and hands on, i dont have a gen so dont be too harsh on why i used gen online picture for the comparison :(
Now to go in detail.

Dial: 9/10
Dial color is good, change color from olive to almost olive black in some angle and grey olive.
Writing is nice, raised font.
gen is left and rep is right

Hands: Great, no ugly finished edge, even with a magnifier it looks nice still, not like the old arf sub hands which look badly finished 8/10

Day wheel: 8/10
it looks correct overall, not as good and raised as the gen, look like printed on. almost gen font. from far its nice

Datewheel: 7/10

Gen is better, but rep is nice, font looks correct

Crystal: 8/10
Perfect Ar, perfect black hole effect, also reflextive xtal at some angle just like gen. Clarity very nice

Crown: 6/10
Sharp, not sure about correctness

Movement: 6/10
winding is heavy and a bit sandy, adjusting time, day and date is good. the hands just slipped when i was setting it, but push the crown in and pull out 2 step again and it work again. Hacking, power reserve is 40hours plus.

Bracelet: 4/10
Cheap and flimsy, but still it does the job, its very short, i have a 16.3cm wrist and only need to remove 2 link. max it will fit is a 17cm i think.

Marker: 9/10
Nicely finished, mine is even and square on all marker

Day and datewheel Window cutout: Great 9/10
no unfinished and uneven edgeds, and it looks nicely finished, not like some 7 yo have touch it.

Classp and ẻngaving: 7/10
rolex crown on clasp is nice, clasp function properly, close and snap in place and does not pop out when wearing, take a bit of force to open but not too much which is nice.
Enggraving is just laser on, not like rolex marking.

thanks for reading

raspan1123

Patron
Certified
1/2/17
Thanks for taking the time to write up that review.

Enjoy your watch, looks great on the wrist

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Great review. My issue with BP is always the bezel. The "teeth" are not flat facets and it's easy to tell it's a rep as they dont reflect light like the gen.

Another issue is the angle of the facets. Look at the image where the bezel meets the crystal. Very different angles.

z6M0Wk.jpg

It's a shame because the rest of the watch appears good. I wish BP would fix this, but I also know they don't invest much time in Day Dates because of the weight issue.

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Great review. My issue with BP is always the bezel. The "teeth" are not flat facets and it's easy to tell it's a rep as they dont reflect light like the gen.

Another issue is the angle of the facets. Look at the image where the bezel meets the crystal. Very different angles.

z6M0Wk.jpg

It's a shame because the rest of the watch appears good. I wish BP would fix this, but I also know they don't invest much time in Day Dates because of the weight issue.
you're right. because i feels something is wrong with the bezel but i dont know how to describe it, i didnt make any comment on it.
thanks for pointing that out

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Great review and excellent photos. Bravo to you for taking the time and sharing with the rwi members.

Reactions: mikeanh77

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Deleted = double post.

Last edited:

mrln

Supporter
25/11/20
EU
Great review of a not everyday model. Seems pretty decent to me for a mid-range factory. I don't like the president bracelet. But as for the rest, I'm in the mood now! 😅

Reactions: mikeanh77

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
Great review of a not everyday model. Seems pretty decent to me for a mid-range factory. I don't like the president bracelet. But as for the rest, I'm in the mood now! 😅
i think i want to put black rubber b on it. thinking bout it 😂 eliminate weight difference and bad bracelet

jinzo

Getting To Know The Place
10/12/21
Switzerland
Nice watch, why not the Noob? I've been thinking about getting the same one but still unsure which factory

Gabriele75rn

16/8/20
I purchased this a week ago
the bp day date olive dial.
want to make a review on it for anyone who want to make the purchase.

Overall: the rep looks great, dial is great color, bracelet is sharp, a bit flimsy and feels like an old bracelet that got some wear in it. case is correct overall, edge are not as sharp as gen, thats to be expected on rep overall.
This is just overall review and hands on, i dont have a gen so dont be too harsh on why i used gen online picture for the comparison :(
Now to go in detail.

Dial: 9/10
Dial color is good, change color from olive to almost olive black in some angle and grey olive.
Writing is nice, raised font.
gen is left and rep is right

Hands: Great, no ugly finished edge, even with a magnifier it looks nice still, not like the old arf sub hands which look badly finished 8/10

Day wheel: 8/10
it looks correct overall, not as good and raised as the gen, look like printed on. almost gen font. from far its nice

Datewheel: 7/10

Gen is better, but rep is nice, font looks correct

Crystal: 8/10
Perfect Ar, perfect black hole effect, also reflextive xtal at some angle just like gen. Clarity very nice

Crown: 6/10
Sharp, not sure about correctness

Movement: 6/10
winding is heavy and a bit sandy, adjusting time, day and date is good. the hands just slipped when i was setting it, but push the crown in and pull out 2 step again and it work again. Hacking, power reserve is 40hours plus.

Bracelet: 4/10
Cheap and flimsy, but still it does the job, its very short, i have a 16.3cm wrist and only need to remove 2 link. max it will fit is a 17cm i think.

Marker: 9/10
Nicely finished, mine is even and square on all marker

Day and datewheel Window cutout: Great 9/10
no unfinished and uneven edgeds, and it looks nicely finished, not like some 7 yo have touch it.

Classp and ẻngaving: 7/10
rolex crown on clasp is nice, clasp function properly, close and snap in place and does not pop out when wearing, take a bit of force to open but not too much which is nice.
Enggraving is just laser on, not like rolex marking.

thanks for reading
Cheap bracelet is 7gt like the gmf?