• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen tube detached from PO case?

TheCold

15/8/09
This morning I noticed that the crown was not screwed into the case. So I started to screw it in and noticed that it wouldn't get screwed in :S I tried setting the time and saw that the tube was rotating in order while I twisted the crown like it was now stuck to the crown and had detached to the case as I saw it was not attached to the case as it was too small for the hole(maybe this is common when attaching gen tubes to cases) anyhow Im going to send it back to Uwe, but wondering if anyone else had this issue, and if this is a simple issue like too small amount of glue or such?

glippy01

8/9/09
It happened to mine when I first installed the gen tube. I cleaned it out and used a better marine epoxy and its held fine upto now. There is also a post somewhere in here where some one fitted the case with a bushing and then pressed the gen tube in.

TheCold

15/8/09
It happened to mine when I first installed the gen tube. I cleaned it out and used a better marine epoxy and its held fine upto now. There is also a post somewhere in here where some one fitted the case with a bushing and then pressed the gen tube in.

Okay! I had it modded at finedd so looks like Its heading back that way :) good to hear Its quite à common problem!