• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Speedy Wrist Shots

Taze00

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/8/13
Stopped by Jared's Jewelers and tried on two Speedys

First the Professional then the New Speedy Racing Model with Rubber strap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Taze00

Banned
7/8/13
Love the speedy, both look great.

Which one did you prefer?

It was really hard, the racing model looks so sharp and the pro model is so iconic. If the racing model had a white face with black dials and yellow accents I'd probably go with that but between these two definitely the Pro.

wilson72

Horology Curious
19/3/13
Had the same two models on my wrist in an AD a little while ago. A tough choice but for me also it would have to be the Pro. Oddly, the dealer was obsessed with upselling to the co-axial chrono 44mm model. No sale, I'm afraid.

If Omega would do an embroidered fabric strap (NATO style perhaps) for the Racing that would be sorely tempting. I'm not a huge fan of the rubber but love the yellow Speedy logo on it.

Taze00

Banned
7/8/13
Had the same two models on my wrist in an AD a little while ago. A tough choice but for me also it would have to be the Pro. Oddly, the dealer was obsessed with upselling to the co-axial chrono 44mm model. No sale, I'm afraid.

If Omega would do an embroidered fabric strap (NATO style perhaps) for the Racing that would be sorely tempting. I'm not a huge fan of the rubber but love the yellow Speedy logo on it.

I have never liked the idea of a rubber strap however I have to admit this one is appealing. The thing about the Racing model that really attracts me is the co-ax escapement coupled with the Silicon hairspring = excellent time keeping ability.

The 42 mm fit good and comfortable.
The 44.25's bracelet was too big so I couldn't get a true feel for it.

Stilian

8/6/13
This is my everyday watch :) :

10024774453_fac6ab37f9_z.jpg

and this Speedy was mine in the past:

8747926726_dd88ea01da_z.jpg

Taze00

Banned
7/8/13
Very nice