• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen PO pictorial

RobbieG

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/9/06
For anyone who is interested I just posted some detailed genuine PO pics and a review in the genuine watch section...

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14604

PO18.jpg

Ferrariman

Renowned Member
19/8/06
DAMN all these nice pics today!!! Did you take that? Outstanding!! You guys make me want to dig in again.

RobbieG

Banned
19/9/06
Ferrariman said:
DAMN all these nice pics today!!! Did you take that? Outstanding!! You guys make me want to dig in again.

Thanks man. Yeah, I took it with a snapshot camera on a tripod - Nikon S6...No control over focus or depth of field though, but it is kind of fun to see what you end up getting. Set up is the key as is nit using a flash and staying in macro mode. Win some / Lose some. This lume shot is obviously one of the winners...

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Awsome pics. Did you used a light box....what type of light if any?

vaccum

Ferrariman

Renowned Member
19/8/06
RobbieG said:
Ferrariman said:

Thanks man. Yeah, I took it with a snapshot camera on a tripod - Nikon S6...No control over focus or depth of field though, but it is kind of fun to see what you end up getting. Set up is the key as is nit using a flash and staying in macro mode. Win some / Lose some. This lume shot is obviously one of the winners...

You are killing me. I have very similar cam and very dissimilar results. I think I need a friend like you or Pug to help me out

RobbieG

Banned
19/9/06
vaccum said:
Awsome pics. Did you used a light box....what type of light if any?

vaccum

No light box. Just natural diffused light from a shaded window...

RobbieG

Banned
19/9/06
Ferrariman said:
RobbieG said:
Ferrariman said:

You are killing me. I have very similar cam and very dissimilar results. I think I need a friend like you or Pug to help me out

Pug has the better set up for sure. The key is you MUST use a tripod and you must NEVER use a flash. The camera will increase the shutter speed for proper exposure to compensate for no flash. This is why the tripod is key. Also, stay in Macro mode as the focus and depth of field choices made by the camera are usually pretty good in most cameras for these types of shots. Hope that helps. :D