• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen PO Hands question for 42mm

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
If I get new Gen hands for a 4th Gen 42mm PO, can I get the 14.85mm, or just stick with the 13.6?
I measured the current minute hand and it appears to be about 15mm tip to tip, but it doesn't go out as close to the edge as the gen hands.
Thanks

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Are you going to order from ofrei?

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
that's what I was thinking of doing, based on R2's 42 mm PO parts list in this section.
Was also thinking about a Gen bezel/insert since the pearl on my version is really lame.
(Then again, a coworker spotted the PO from the next table and didn't comment on the pearl, hand length, marker length, or scalloped bezel...)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I would get a used SMP insert off ebay and swap the pearl into your rep insert. It is a perfect match.

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Do you mean get a
"Bezel Insert for Omega Seamaster Pro Bond 41mm Black" or
"...Seamaster Planet Ocean 41mm"?
Should I measure the inner or outer diameter to be sure I get the correct part?

and will this work? I've been trying to figure out if this is one of the watches where the pearl is part of the bezel or the insert.

mojako

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/08
i'm trying to order some hands from cousins.. i found the hands on ofrei but on cousins, it has different part numbers.. Are these for the 42mm?

hands.jpg