• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

gen PO 42mm??

berkeleybears

Horology Curious
20/11/10
Hello all,

I'm trying to determine if this is a genuine 42mm PO, based on these pictures alone? are there any "tells" that may indicate that it's a rep? pearl looks centered, but can't really make out if it has "happy feet" or not...

DSC04791_2.jpg

caseback shot

DSC04794.jpg

Thanks in advance!

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
It is hard to see the dial detail, but date looks good, he valve, markers look ok....

Damn good rep if its not gen

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
No happy feet there, but that doesn't mean anything.
With the etching on the case back (right side, by the tail), shape of the pearl, quality of the bevel on the date window, and the things that shannon mentioned, I'd say it's gen.

berkeleybears

Horology Curious
20/11/10
thank you everybody for the messages so far - i was leaning towards gen (or a very good rep as shannon has mentioned) as well, but being the omega noob that i am, i thought i would get a second opinion :)

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Can't really judge by the dial but the case back is a good enough tell on its own - gen

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
That my friend is the genuine article. As mentioned, He valve size and placement, exceptional date window and correctly coloured indices make this a gen, or a bloody good franken.

I'm leaning towards it being a gen though.

kdo2milger

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/3/06
Gen

bezel insert=gen

dial looks to be gen as well

case-back is a dead give away, as well as the serial number...

Pyer

Renowned Member
9/10/10
Case back seems to be to perfect to be a rep , and it also have the red seal from omega ( so its an unopened caseback ) .

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yep definitely a gen as said above....although the horrible front pic with blown out highlights from the flash almost make it look like a franken with the 5th gen PO dial still in the case and gen bezel :)
Numbers look too bold as is lettering and the omega logo almost looks too close to the omega lettering as in 5th gen.........tis just the bad pic though...watch is still a gen :)

Epimetheus

I'm Pretty Popular
24/10/10
Looks like happy feet to me.
Also I think the 9 o´ clock marker looks to small.
But I´m absolutely no Omega-pro! :)

Nash

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/10
A gen for sure, some of the worst possible photos they could take of a gen also for sure.

Some of the rep dealers need to understand that as well, shit photos can = product no sell.

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
I'm comparing to my gen seamaster gmt. Unless they changed it on this model. The omega symbol on the case back looks off. The feet of the symbol are too long and stick out too far.

Also the way the numbers are engraved on the case back and end links are not the way omega engraves them.

The font used in "SEAMASTER" is different.

kravenz

Looking Around
10/10/09
Looks gen, or it is the best replica, we have ever seen

The 952 on the stap loks diferent

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
There's no way thats a rep, I 'nearly' bet my life on it....too much little details that would be impossible on a rep (but it could still almost theoretically be a very complete franken!)
Look at the spring bar ends...they are genuine Omega springbars, I've never seen them on any reps. Also look at the red dot, I'd be very surprised if the factories are going to the bother of placing a Bienne factory sealing dot on the edge of the case.
Wheres the OP, he never got back to us to tell us if he bought it or not :D