• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen PO 42mm Date Window Position

DEadPuNk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/10
Hello All.... Omega Expert, I would like to get a confirmation about the correct position on the planet ocean 42mm date window.I found that on omega website, the date window is closer to the edge and the one on ebay is a bit apart.

Am a bit confused!!! :wacko:
Here is a pic of the two gen PO 42.

omey.png

image.php

robbnj

11/6/09
The one on the right has the spacing of the 45mm, but the bracelet looks wrong (endlinks have straight edges instead of curved - maybe it's the lighting for the picture?)).

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
The one on the right has the spacing of the 45mm, but the bracelet looks wrong (endlinks have straight edges instead of curved - maybe it's the lighting for the picture?)).

If you take a look at all the franken PO 42mm here, the gen dial is like the one from ebay. :thinking:

More input please....

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
You need a gen lol.

No i dont need a gen when FakeMaster is here to built the best rep for us :biglaugh:.
Watching your bargain & Sale bin closely :whistle:.

Back to Topic...

Someone who own a PO 42mm with gen dial can clear thing up about this date window.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
The pic from Authentic Watches looks to me like the 45.

Authentic watches is in Moorpark, CA and a legit seller - but Google them before you buy because they sell gray market watches, and you might have warranty issues.

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
The pic from Authentic Watches looks to me like the 45.

Authentic watches is in Moorpark, CA and a legit seller - but Google them before you buy because they sell gray market watches, and you might have warranty issues.

Thanks for the tips!

nikomega

7/5/09
Hey deadpunk,

the right picture shows definitely the 45 mm PO! Just compare the edges of the bezels, the 42 mm version has almost 90 flat teeths and the 45 mm version 60 pointed teeths. And therefore the date-window isn`t placed close to the 3 o`clock indicator. They took the wrong picture - so much for their reputation...

tangle

5/8/09
UK
agree with nikomega, the bezel is from a 45mm PO. the date window is close to the 3 marker on the 42mm. I compared a Gen to my MReplica PO very closely overlaying images in photoshop, the date window must be almost touching the marker. also compare the relative size of the He valve and crown on the gen left against the 45mm on the right, I would suggest the 42mm benefits from better proportions.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
What is the question here? I have purchased from authentic watches a couple of times. They are legit. The pictures are not the best. Is there a listing other than Authenticwatches you want us to help verify?

Authenticwatches.com are gray market watches. They buy from an AD and surrender the Manufactures warranty card and replace it with their own. They still have a certified watchsmith to do the repairs, just not Omega. You will pay less up front and lose a little down the road if you sell. It's not that big of a deal unless you have a limited edition or complicated movement to care for.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Very simple... Both 45mm and 42.5mm Omega PO genuine has exactly the same date position relative to the center of the watch (i.e.: hours, minute and second hands).

You can calculate the distance from the date window towards the outer edge of the watch then you can say which version they are. Here's for your reference:

42,5mm PO with genuine dial:
PB024025.jpg

45mm PO with genuine dial:
P4170543.jpg

Notice that on 42.5mm version, the date window is almost touching the lume marker at 3 o clock position, whereas on 45mm version there is a bit of distance.