• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen oder Rep 3135?

watchmen90

Horology Curious
4/11/22
Hello together,

a watchmaker changed the tubus and crown on my gen 16600 and made a few pictures of the movement. There were deposit on the screws, maybe there was one time water inside. Also there are many scratches and the screwes are messed up. I bought the watch pre-owned, don't know what the person before does with it.

Is the movement gen? What do you think could have been? Thanks for all replies.

watchmen90

Horology Curious
4/11/22
Here I uploaded pictures from the watch:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
I think it’s just dirt, or stains left by rodico. Nothing to be worried about it being rep 😂 It will wipe off for sure

Reactions: watchmen90

watchmen90

Horology Curious
4/11/22
Thank you. The watchmaker said there might be water in the watch. What do you think? I would prefer Rodico ;)

I looked on the watch, it's also on the second hand:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
That second hand can be fixed. Dial doesn’t look like it had water damage- however it can’t be sure, the movement needs to be inspected

Reactions: watchmen90

watchmen90

Horology Curious
4/11/22
That second hand can be fixed. Dial doesn’t look like it had water damage- however it can’t be sure, the movement needs to be inspected

Thank you my friend. By polishing the second hand?

Yeah exactly, that's the same I think. If there was water in the watch, the dial and other parts should also be damaged. I bought the watch from a well-known watch dealer and it had a full revision before.

The movement definitely works precisely and has been freshly calibrated

I suspect that someone carelessly worked on the movement with the wrong tool and that's why there are so many scratches on screws and deposits.