• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Eta by Domi or Fran mod ?

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Hi All,

Just wondering, what is best to make my AP sec @12 the most reliable. Is it best to put in the Gen eta mod by domi or modifie the gear C and keep the Asia version.

Also what is the cost of each ?

I am very interested in improving my watch as much as possible and am wondering if anyone can help me accomplish it

Guru if any advice would be good as I know you upgraded all your AP's

thanks

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
In all the cases, you will have to add a jewel on the gear of the seconds.....

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
I know that it has to be done.
But I was just wondering what is the consensus.
I am new to AP replicas and hope i dont bother with my questions.
I am simply very interested in Getting my APsec@12 fixed for the long run.

When I read Guru and what he did with all his AP's, I was amazed and I wish to do the same now.

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
I´m going with the ETA 7750 option with a few tweaks to it.
Love my ROO and in the long run I feel it´s worth the cost :)
But do make sure you "love" the watch enough before going deep.

And if you decide to swap movement and send it to Domi, let fine dd relume your dial/ hands and at least a single side AR.
fine dd also got a few of his very nice custom made cyklops left with correct mag and AR hopefully...
Better to do it all in one go then having to send the watch multiple times.

Just a few bonus ideas to drain your economy ;)

On the other hand, Fran´s mod looks damn good to the existing mvt and probably wont hurt as bad as a complete mvt swap.

But trust me, there are noticeable difference between asian and ETA feel when you work the crown.

Hope this will help clear your mind.

Cheers,
J

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
Yes it definetly helps
I think I will go with Domi's work
His modified Eta7750 seems like the best option
I also love my watch and want to keep it for years that is why I am strugling to find something the make it work reliable for a long time.

It def worth the cost

Darthmemnoch

Renowned Member
10/9/07
I searched but could not find more info on this. Where can I find domi or francisco and how much will their mods cost? If it's inappropriate to post, please PM me...

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
I searched but could not find more info on this. Where can I find domi or francisco and how much will their mods cost? If it's inappropriate to post, please PM me...

bro do let me know also, I am interested in this too.

Darthmemnoch

Renowned Member
10/9/07
I just discovered that all the parties involved are in this forum and there is a dedicated section for both francisco and domi... I have a worry with sending watches over to italy (where francisco is) given that they are very strict with replicas and fakes

Darthmemnoch

Renowned Member
10/9/07
Opps... Can someone PM me the cost of these mods? I'm eyeing the Chronopassion and may want lay to send it to one of them for modding

plaifender

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/09
Francisco is located in Madrid, SPAIN. He's a great modder and a great guy overall. No worries about customs if you are sending from within EU. Send him a message.