• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen crystal on UPO or get it coated?

Vigil

8/11/08
I am looking to get double AR on my Swiss UPO, the double AR on my SOSF is amazing and it just makes me look down at the UPO :) I have to do it. Will a gen crystal fit? If so what part # do I need?

If its cheaper/better to have mine AR who in CONUS does it for the best price/quality?

I hear Chief mentioned alot - what is his contact info? Anyone know his prices?

b16a2

13/1/07
If you can remove the crystal yourself and remove the coating that is already on there I would recommend using Chieftang. He has his own section over on RWG (not sure if he does here). It will be approx a third of the cost of a gen crystal, and the coating done by Chief is more effective than what Omega use.

Bear in mind the UPO also seems to have an external coating to, and if this isn't removed properly then the double AR coating applied to it will rub off very easily.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
Chieftang is full service now... I believe for $90 or so, he'll remove the crystal and AR and re-install after coating...

I don't remember where I saw it, but I do not believe the gen Planet Ocean crystal will fit in the UPO case.... all of the other gen parts will but the crystal is a different design I believe... I am building a franken UPO and the crystal is off my list for this reason... and honestly, once chief does the AR, you'll be good to go...

Vigil

8/11/08
So i could send him the empty watch head and he can remove/reinstall the crystal? What are people experiencing for turn-around time?

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
I believe you can send the watch itself... i would expect a minimum 8 weeks turnaround....

Vigil

8/11/08
hmmm, maybe i should source a rep crystal to send to him...

Kahn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/5/08
Yea, umm a spare rep crystal is gonna take a while to find....also Chief is having his next baby any day now, so the wait for another run will be exhausting! Be patient, gonna be a while.......

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I have 1 spare crystal coated by Jakub. Let me know if you are still interested. I will post it on sale anyway.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
like this one... :D

img1068bx3.jpg

img1692mx1.jpg

upoob6.jpg

maybe one day I will sell it...or not.. :D

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Just grab the crystal from my friend Taka, it will not get better. It is probably my crystal which he sent to Jakub after he gave me his! You cannot do wrong!

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
guru said:
Just grab the crystal from my friend Taka, it will not get better. It is probably my crystal which he sent to Jakub after he gave me his! You cannot do wrong!
+1 mine was from Jakub and great job