• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen buying advice...

spdu4ia

25/7/12
Link won't work. Why worry about over seas shipping? Make sure the poster is current and see if they are active on the boards and have sold anything before to make sure it's legit.

I've seen the reduced go for around 1700 usd

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Right, I guess one has to be a member to view the link. Thks for heads up on fair mkt value.

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
before you buy something used off of the internet, try the grey market.
if you have a local costco, try there.

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
before you buy something used off of the internet, try the grey market.
if you have a local costco, try there.

I've never seen a speedy at at Costco in Canada. Maybe call the one in Buffalo.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
I've seen the reduced go for around 1700 usd

That's not the reduced (meaning size) version. That's referring to the price saying it was reduced. That's a full sized speedy moon watch.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
No problem with buying overseas. I bought my Omega Seamaster Chrono overseas from a Japanese seller. Verified all original parts at my local Omega AD

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
I personally wouldn't send $4K to some random seller on WUS. Maybe if they were a known watch dealer with lots of happy customers

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yeah, wouldn't buy one for $4K off the forums. At those prices you could be ringing up AD's seeing what discounts you could get off a brand new one.

To give you an idea, Watchco Australia were selling new NOS moonwatches without boxes/papers recently for much cheaper...around $2K.

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
I can't get the link to work either, but minty Speedmasters can be bought regularly for $2000-2500 USD off ebay or one of the gen forums (even less sometimes). This is especially true if you just want the basic vanilla 3570.50. Hell, I just saw a chocolate dial version with a display back sell for $2493 (LINK). That made my heart skip a beat! Just be patient, and always try to buy the seller (meaning check their feedback closely).