• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GEN Band arrived for my UPO

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
I have always been a fan of the black rubber with orange stitching, UPO band. Unfortunately the reps of this band are pretty miserable. They use black leather instead of rubber. IMO, most rep bands are garbage unless they are stainless steel. So I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy GEN band for the UPO. Fortunately the rep buckle came out a few months back. (I wasn't about to spend $199 on the GEN one unless I had to.) The replica buckle fit perfectly.

Total cost: $125.00 shipped for GEN band + $20.00 replica buckle = $145.00

Money well spent? Let me know what you think.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Trevor, you can never go wrong with a gen strap. Looks great and when you upgrade, you can always get your money back on the strap. :D

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
Correct me if I'm wrong but all the gen Omega straps I've tried on at the stores are a little thin and chinzy, especially the PO straps.....and most are a bit pricey..... :?

koster88

Known Member
17/6/08
trevor2079 said:
I have always been a fan of the black rubber with orange stitching, UPO band. Unfortunately the reps of this band are pretty miserable. They use black leather instead of rubber. IMO, most rep bands are garbage unless they are stainless steel. So I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy GEN band for the UPO. Fortunately the rep buckle came out a few months back. (I wasn't about to spend $199 on the GEN one unless I had to.) The replica buckle fit perfectly.

Total cost: $125.00 shipped for GEN band + $20.00 replica buckle = $145.00

Money well spent? Let me know what you think.

That is Nice!!! How is the Buckle? I was about to buy a Gen Clasp for 80 bucks. Have you looked at the Orange Croc Bands that HKTan makes? I've been talking to him today, and he says they are the exact Same as the Gen. Is the Gen Really Croc? or Croc Pattern on Calfskin?

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

I´m not into Omegas yet but this one surely looks very nice!

...Is it really rubber? looks like leather at first glance. I have never seen a rubber strap with stitching.
And as our fella R2D4 said, you can never go wrong with a GEN strap!

Same question, how´s the rep buckle? Nice finishing?

Wear it in health!

Cheers,
Spirit.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
money spend very well....watch looks even more like gen with a gen strap....

any good strap out there starts with $100.....STARTS !

way to go....gen strap.....cheap ( but still nice ) deployant clasp.

looks great !

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
Rep buckle is pretty nice. I wouldn't spend the cash on a GEN buckle, that's for sure. The GEN band isn't too thick but it is quite comfortable. It is indeed 100% rubber, which makes it waterproof. At first glance it could be mistaken for leather. Can't comment in regarts to the HKtan band. I do believe the gen orange band is indeed croco.

therebel

Renowned Member
10/1/07
Nice pickup.

I've said for a long time that spending the money on gen straps makes all reps 100x better IMO.

jag0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/6/08
Trevor,

if you dont mind me asking, where did you pick up the band? I'm looking for an orange one for my incoming UPO.