• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gathering interest for new service.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Perhaps moving outside of watch repair to a full blown dealer is something that you would have talked to @trailboss99 about?

Absolutely, that’s why this is just a “gathering interest”
Not super different from what we do sometimes, custom builds ordering the watches from Mainland. The only difference would be having them in hand directly, but of course if it ever goes through it will be spoken.

Last edited:

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Considering that I have first hand experience of Sead's EU stock and repair service, I certainly like the idea of having another similar option.

Not because Sead was bad or something. Quite to the contrary: The fast delivery of merchandise and fast handling of a warranty issue with said merchandise was actually quite outstanding.

And new competition is always healthy for the free market! 😎

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
No brainer! Such a nice unlock. Can you ship CONUS?
Even IF this has a green light and/or it’s possible and welcomed, I wouldn’t recommend that. In my mind it’s mostly to give EU customers peace of mind when it comes to waiting times and customs issues.
Being a US resident you wouldn’t really benefit of those conditions

Reactions: X24222 and Karbon74

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
After a small chit chat with the staff, this service will be put on test to see what’s the consensus.

Watches will NOT be available for purchase unmodded so don’t even ask for that- they will however presented stock and not being worked on till the order is confirmed.

Will update everyone in the next few days, meanwhile it would be appreciate to know which watches may be the most interesting for you so I can start getting an initial stock that will be replenished weekly/monthly.
Thanks!

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
And will the business of sending you a watch to upgrade/ service still be continued?

Radirka

Supporter
Certified
17/5/22
Old Continent
Following... if the prices and the service offered will be as stated, you have a customer here.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
This sounds fantastic.
Nikz, if the watches are advertised as stock but wait is needed for them to be modified after payment, how long can people expect to wait roughly please for the works to be completed? I know you're a very busy/popular watchmaker.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Great news. What is considered a mod?
would a movement service qualify? or does it have to be material changes?
Yes, it’s considered a mod. Anything that differentiate the watch from being stock. Having it serviced and waterproofed qualifies.

And will the business of sending you a watch to upgrade/ service still be continued?
Yes, of course. That’s my core/main business and will always be.

This sounds fantastic.
Nikz, if the watches are advertised as stock but wait is needed for them to be modified after payment, how long can people expect to wait roughly please for the works to be completed? I know you're a very busy/popular watchmaker.
This largely depends by what needs to be done. A service may take days, based on how loaded with work we are in that particular moment. Ordering parts is another piece of cake though, estimated time will be provided case by case.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
After a small chit chat with the staff, this service will be put on test to see what’s the consensus.

Watches will NOT be available for purchase unmodded so don’t even ask for that- they will however presented stock and not being worked on till the order is confirmed.

Will update everyone in the next few days, meanwhile it would be appreciate to know which watches may be the most interesting for you so I can start getting an initial stock that will be replenished weekly/monthly.
Thanks!
I think Subs are a must, won't go wrong in stocking with Subs.