• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gap between Clasp and Bracelet

importedfob

Known Member
29/3/11
Can the experts comment on how to get rid of this gap?

photo2-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

That is a genuine clasp. Is the only way to purchase genuine bracelet links from Ofrei below?

ome118st1580.jpg

Omega 1580 Clasp Attaching Link
Comes complete with pins and tubes.
OME-118ST1580

Thanks for your advice!

rileywiley

Known Member
9/5/12
Wow I actually have the same issue. I thought it was just my PO but I guess not. I'd love to know how to fix it because it really looks bad.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Guys, thats the way the clasp is engineered (rep or gen, btw importedfob - what you have on your wrist appears to be gen links. You would be replacing the links with the same ones if you buy the Ofrei pieces you are showing). You cant get rid of the gap. You likely have smaller wrists (6" - 6.75"). What you can do is add a half link to your bracelet. It will obviously make the watch a little looser, but it will also let your clasp breath...the watch is sitting against your wrist to tight :)

With the new ceramic PO clasps you likely wouldn't have that problem. The clasps are shorter in length :p

importedfob

Known Member
29/3/11
Guys, thats the way the clasp is engineered (rep or gen, btw importedfob - what you have on your wrist appears to be gen links. You would be replacing the links with the same ones if you buy the Ofrei pieces you are showing).

Thanks Om3ga_guy for the explanation. This is actually your old bracelet from your franken. So I assume the clasp links are genuine?

I'd hate to modify this bracelet if I don't have to.

mattsheehan

14/6/09
I had this problem on a 21j 300m seamaster. drove me mad. But when i bought the latest and best 42mm planet ocean the clasp fitted beautifully.

I thought it was down to the cheap 21j against the better quality watches.

But if this is a gen bracelet then that cant be so.