• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Full serviced Asian movement same price as swiss ETA. Which is the better choice?

sweden

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/13
For the watches I'm looking at(purtime), the upgrade from Asian 2824 to swiss ETA 2824 is 170USD and to swiss SW200 150USD.

From what I have read, alot of the time Asian movements got problems with lubrication. That could be fixed with a full service for about 100-150USD at watchsmith.

What do you think is the best choice?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Actually most of the swiss units i have seen from the factories, are either old or "refurbed" meaning they are a cobbloglock of swiss parts from various movements ,and would still require a cleaning and lube, to make better that the asian, the parts are there but some are worn. If you go asain, at most you would need light cleaning and oiling. Now if you go with the sellita, its a new proprly oiled unit...this one is the best IMO

So to sum it up, sellita is tops requires no service
asain and swiss are pretty much the same, but both will be better with service and once serviced swiss will be better than serviced asian the swiss use better metals than the asians