• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

From genuine Rolex to replica Rolex - Advices?

phoxiky

Do not accept unsolicited offers
15/2/23
Denmark
Hi RWI! I'm glad to be apart of this forum!

So right now I have a genuine Rolex 116610LN which I bought in 2018 and I'm extremely happy for it. However, I have come to the conclusion, that after using it everyday, wearing it to every event, it does get more and more scratches so my plan is to sell it and take home the money.

After this, I found this forum and I have been looking around for a while. My plan is to buy a Rolex from Puretimewatch.io and it'll be my first replica to replace my watch.

I'd like to hear if you guys have any advice or tips that I should know before proceeding to order my first Rolex at Puretimewatch - I have no experience with this yet, but I'm looking forward to testing it out.

My plan is to buy this specific watch: https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master...est-edition-on-ss-yg-bracelet-vr3186-chs.html - How will this compare to a real one? I have no clue in regards to how real these watches look.

Thanks for letting me in :)

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
Personally, I don't like rep watches with gold, because I'm of the opinion that the rep gold doesn't come close to the gene in terms of color. Furthermore, it often happens that the rep gold (when the watch is worn frequently) loses its shine over time (although it meanwhile there should also be longer-lasting gold plating.) in the forum you will find many posts on this topic (you just have to search for something) greetings

phoxiky

15/2/23
Denmark
Personally, I don't like rep watches with gold, because I'm of the opinion that the rep gold doesn't come close to the gene in terms of color. Furthermore, it often happens that the rep gold (when the watch is worn frequently) loses its shine over time (although it meanwhile there should also be longer-lasting gold plating.) in the forum you will find many posts on this topic (you just have to search for something) greetings
Hey! Thanks for the great advice. I'll take that with me and I'll order one only with stainless steel instead.

Regarding Puretimewatch.io how long does it usually take from ordering till I receive - and are there any risks involved in purchasing a replica watch like this?

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Hey! Thanks for the great advice. I'll take that with me and I'll order one only with stainless steel instead.

Regarding Puretimewatch.io how long does it usually take from ordering till I receive - and are there any risks involved in purchasing a replica watch like this?
For a high volume watch like a VSF 116610 or 126610 it takes from 2-8 weeks depending on your luck from payment to having it hand.

Usually the dealers have the popular watches in stock and are ready to give you a QC when payment is received so that part is usually quick. Shipping can be slow or fast depending on mars being in retrograde or not. Who knows how that stuff works.

As for risks, there aren't many. Your watch could be DOA which is very rare with the high quality reps and usually the best course of action is to either get it repaired in your country or selling it for parts on the forum. Sending a watch back to China for repairs is hit or miss.

Customs is another issue but part of being a trusted dealer is to have a customs guarantee. If it gets seized, ignore any letters you get and pass them on to the dealer. They'll send you a new one.

The biggest risk in my opinion is getting addicted to reps and reps being a stepping stone to frankens you can go sideways pretty fast 😂

Welcome to the game neighbor 👋

Reactions: Feefo

phoxiky

15/2/23
Denmark
For a high volume watch like a VSF 116610 or 126610 it takes from 2-8 weeks depending on your luck from payment to having it hand.

Usually the dealers have the popular watches in stock and are ready to give you a QC when payment is received so that part is usually quick. Shipping can be slow or fast depending on mars being in retrograde or not. Who knows how that stuff works.

As for risks, there aren't many. Your watch could be DOA which is very rare with the high quality reps and usually the best course of action is to either get it repaired in your country or selling it for parts on the forum. Sending a watch back to China for repairs is hit or miss.

Customs is another issue but part of being a trusted dealer is to have a customs guarantee. If it gets seized, ignore any letters you get and pass them on to the dealer. They'll send you a new one.

The biggest risk in my opinion is getting addicted to reps and reps being a stepping stone to frankens you can go sideways pretty fast 😂

Welcome to the game neighbor 👋
Hey! Thanks for the welcome and for a great explanation!

So I suppose DOA means dead on arrival. Yeah let's not hope so haha. I live in Denmark, so regarding the customs I suppose it won't be that troublesome. I am pretty sure we have a pretty "easy" custom here, related to the US as an example.

I have decided to buy this watch: https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master...st-edition-on-oyster-bracelet-vr3186-chs.html and I'll be placing an order today. Since I have never purchased a Replica before, how 1:1 to a real one do you believe it is?

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Hey! Thanks for the welcome and for a great explanation!

So I suppose DOA means dead on arrival. Yeah let's not hope so haha. I live in Denmark, so regarding the customs I suppose it won't be that troublesome. I am pretty sure we have a pretty "easy" custom here, related to the US as an example.

I have decided to buy this watch: https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master...st-edition-on-oyster-bracelet-vr3186-chs.html and I'll be placing an order today. Since I have never purchased a Replica before, how 1:1 to a real one do you believe it is?
I would advice you to spend the extra cash and get the Clean Factory / CF instead of the APF. I can't tell you the difference offhand but CF is the one people are buying and its regarded as the most gen like of the bunch.

In the world of high end reps it's usually prudent to buy the best available right away cause your are inevitably going to wonder what could have been and buy the better one anyway and in that sen sense you didn't save $200 on buying a cheaper one, you wasted $300 since you also bought the better one later. At least that's my experience.

If you can hold your horses for a little while you might see the release of an upgraded C+ and a VSF GMT as well in the near future which may be better but that's just speculating at this point.

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU

So right now I have a genuine Rolex 116610LN which I bought in 2018 and I'm extremely happy for it. However, I have come to the conclusion, that after using it everyday, wearing it to every event, it does get more and more scratches so my plan is to sell it and take home the money.

After this, I found this forum and I have been looking around for a while. My plan is to buy a Rolex from Puretimewatch.io and it'll be my first replica to replace my watch.

I'd like to hear if you guys have any advice or tips that I should know before proceeding to order my first Rolex at Puretimewatch - I have no experience with this yet, but I'm looking forward to testing it out.

My plan is to buy this specific watch: https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master...est-edition-on-ss-yg-bracelet-vr3186-chs.html - How will this compare to a real one? I have no clue in regards to how real these watches look.

eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and welcome to RWI!

You found the right place!

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (in all subsections), as they contain lots of information for newcomers and, most importantly, our forum rules which you need to know, and of course ideally to follow, to get the best out of your experience on RWI!

A good starting point is this list of links to the most important RWI resources:

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo during your time as a newbie. That's what we are here for!

Reactions: Feefo

phoxiky

15/2/23
Denmark
I would advice you to spend the extra cash and get the Clean Factory / CF instead of the APF. I can't tell you the difference offhand but CF is the one people are buying and its regarded as the most gen like of the bunch.

In the world of high end reps it's usually prudent to buy the best available right away cause your are inevitably going to wonder what could have been and buy the better one anyway and in that sen sense you didn't save $200 on buying a cheaper one, you wasted $300 since you also bought the better one later. At least that's my experience.

If you can hold your horses for a little while you might see the release of an upgraded C+ and a VSF GMT as well in the near future which may be better but that's just speculating at this point.
Hey!

Alright, that makes sense, regarding to buying the best on the start.

Can you any way describe what the difference is between a CF and APF? I can see what CF stands for but not APF?

After your recommendation, I have found this one instead at $518 and I am definitely willing to spend extra cash, if you mean that the quality is thereafter and worth the upgrade and $150 extra ish.

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
ARF just stands for AR factory.

I would suggest you take some time to read up on various Rolex reps in the dedicated section. When first started, I was pretty quick to buy a rep due to my excitement. But then later on had some buyers remorse because I didn’t spent enough time researching.

All of these reps brands/factories have their own pros and cons. So you should be familiar with them and decide what’s important for you.

bangwang67

bang ❗️ bang 💥
Certified
22/3/22
EU

Hey welcome Phoxiky!!
I myself was in a very similar situation, my wife had a genuine OP 31mm in coral red unworn that we got offered but she couldn't put herself to wear it due to want to resell it in the future. So we are simply sourcing out a rep most likely from GMF.
Puretimewatch has always been a great dealer to work with, I have gotten my tudor bb58 from them with no issues and still one of my favorite reps to wear to date.

Messi

⚡️
Patron
Certified
28/4/13
🇺🇸
I’ve owned a genuine Daytona, 124060, 126613LN

And owned: Franken Daytona, 114060 and 16613Lb

Personal opinion:
1) never own anything replica gold. It’s simply not the same I don’t care who plates it or what factory it’s from. Either go genuine or put real gold /gen parts on it

2) reps today are pretty incredible. VSF sub is better than going Gen if the 10k difference is impactful for your finances. I’m also not about to visit any 20 something year old at an AD with champagne and chocolates in hope of being placed on an imaginary list. I like to source parts for frankens. The hunt is as fun as wearing the watch.
You’ll learn a lot about watches here enjoy the hobby and welcome!

Reactions: John