• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fresh off the boat - JLC Master Geographic

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
9adyqu8a.jpg

What a lovely piece. Here's a quick 5 second breakdown:

Pros:
Very classy gentlemen's watch, easy to read. Working Power Reserve, adjustable city zones via crown at 10, working second time zone, am/pm indicator, working calendar. Amazingly the subdials work. Well, kinda. I'll get to that in a bit.

Cons:
Crap lume (kinda expected), typical MASTBR CONTROL caseback, open caseback with wrong rotors, measures at 43mm whilst the gen is 39, Noisy rotor, comes in tang buckle instead of deployment as per gen.

Conclusion:
Fantastic buy despite the cons because why? It's a great rep under USD200, albeit flawed, it is very classy, dials and markings are all in the right places. Working second time zone that although can't be adjusted with the city adjusting crown as per gen (hey it's a rep), works perfectly fine vs main time zone.

I believe this is the exact same movement behind the AP RO power reserve as well, this the bigger case size to fit the movement being reused.

Nonetheless, not an ounce of regret.
Special thanks to sead who was a champ in hooking me up with one. Hey it took a few months but I finally got it!

aflop

22/5/13
Oh and forgot to add, hands are supposed to be blue. Came black.

D

d4m.test

Congrats, I have been looking at this for a long time already and always end up buying something else. Thanks for the review. This is the one model I think I will go with white dial but gold with golden hands after all (hands came black..) Thanks

aflop

22/5/13
Congrats, I have been looking at this for a long time already and always end up buying something else. Thanks for the review. This is the one model I think I will go with white dial but gold with golden hands after all (hands came black..) Thanks

I do believe they will come with black hands as well!

But guys, this rep costs less than a 21j horrid Pam or rolex rep. It's gorgeous and functions work. Take away the jlc name and I would still buy it at this price!

elystrine

Horology Curious
28/1/14
totally second it... with working dial and power reserve at such price, its a good bargain
It look very classy too but ugh darn.. 43mm
Wont fit on my wrist.. i have a very very thin and small wrist :'(

Sirlordcomic

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/8/14
Thanks for posting this. Has been on my list for a while. Can you post more pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kopcap

24/2/14
Here is mine with RG bezel
(just received from Silix/Michelle)

not so big, and I can say my wrist is really small

a truly beautifull watch, and everything on it works perfectly
JLC-MasterGeographic_Face00_zps78e87b66.png

aflop

22/5/13
Very nice!
Now to get the hang of adjusting the second timezone!

fabiop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/14
Great review! Thanks for the info as I am also looking for a nice rep of the Master Geographic.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
The Master Control miss print has been fix I believe

Kopcap

24/2/14
The Master Control miss print has been fix I believe

are you sure about that ?
didn't see/read anything about this to be fixed...

For sure, it'll be great and this beauty would become something like a "Super-REP" (even if I don't like this word : a REP is a REP and that's all)
but for now, nothing new with my TDs...